Senior Mobile Developer - Android
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2024
Blanc Labs is a premier partner for global enterprises, leading the way in digitization, automation, and the development of next-generation digital products and services. Our expertise in digital transformation powers businesses to accelerate service delivery, drive customer engagement, and foster growth.
Blanc Labs is looking for a Senior Mobile Developer who plays a pivotal role in developing, testing, and deploying high-quality mobile applications for Android platforms. Your responsibilities will include building SBB native applications, collaborating with cross-functional teams, writing clean and efficient code, ensuring application performance and quality, and staying abreast of emerging mobile trends and technologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, develop, design, test, and deploy high-quality mobile applications for Android platforms.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, designers, and QA, to define and implement innovative solutions for the mobile product direction, visuals, and experience
- Architect and implement robust and scalable mobile solutions, ensuring code quality, performance, and maintainability.
- Optimize mobile applications for performance, scalability, and usability, ensuring a smooth and responsive user experience.
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Stay up to date with emerging mobile trends and technologies.
What You'll Need to Be Successful
- 8+ years of mobile development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Strong knowledge of native mobile development languages for Android ( Kotlin or Java).
- Strong understanding of mobile application architecture and design patterns.
- Ability to architect scalable and maintainable mobile solutions.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and functional programming concepts.
- Experience integrating mobile applications with RESTful APIs and other web services.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (e.g., Git).
- Strong skills in writing unit tests and conducting automated testing.
- Proficient in debugging and performance optimization for mobile applications.
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and tools to automate the development, testing, and deployment process.
- Knowledge of secure coding principles and encryption techniques.
- Familiarity with mobile database systems, both local and remote.
- Understanding of mobile UI/UX principles and best practices.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Experience with cross-platform frameworks such as Flutter or React Native is a plus.
- Knowledge of mobile security best practices.
- Experience with automated testing frameworks.
- Published apps on the Google App Store.
Blanc Labs is enabling a digital future. Headquartered in Toronto, we partner with clients in North & South America to digitize and automate their operations and build their next generation of digital products and services. We empower clients to enhance their digital offerings and bring creative solutions to the market faster. Learn more at www.blanclabs.com.
Blanc Labs is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.