Flight Test Drone Operator
- FAA Part 107 Certification.
- Strong understanding of 14 CFR Part 107 regulations, FAA airspace, and LAANC system.
- Must possess a driver's license and be willing to operate a motor vehicle.
- Extensive flight experience with commercial (<55 lbs) and/or DoD (Group 1-3) drones.
- Proficiency working with MAVLINK, Pixhawk, Cube Pilot, PX4, and Ardupilot.
- Experience with flight execution and ground control software, such as Q Ground Control, Mission Planner, ATAK UAS Tool, and/or DJI Go.
- Basic understanding of drone electrical, mechanical, and software systems.
- Technology background with troubleshooting skills and analytical research capabilities.
- Familiarity with operational frequency bands, flight tuning, and UAS test and evaluation.
- Ability to research and interpret technical documentation to solve problems.
- Background in software or computer science.
- Proficiency in operating Linux, Ubuntu, Windows, and/or terminal commands.
- Versatility in various trades and hardware/software debugging.
- Comfort working on multiple projects concurrently.
- Prior experience in software code/script building using programming languages (e.g., Go, Java,
- Military training as a UAS/UAV operator.
- Experience with prototype fabrication using 3D printing and/or CNC machining.
- Ability to make independent decisions, troubleshoot, and repair electrical faults.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- U.S. Citizenship may be required due to security clearance needs.