Sr. Dev Engineer
We are the Virtual Venue of Fandom. To enable fans everywhere with access to experiences otherwise limited to just those who can be there in-person. We want to connect celebrities, brands, and influencers virtually with their fans worldwide. We have created a virtual venue that amplifies all in-person fan experiences in an immersive virtual environment.
Our company believes in a team environment, with a culture dedicated to providing the best-in-class product to our clients daily. We strive to hire smart, hardworking, resourceful, and genuinely just good people.
We are a scrappy start-up and want to bring passionate people to a company trying to change the future of fandom. We’re looking for a professional who is curious about fan experiences and who aspires to deliver new digital solutions for industries like sports, publishing, music, and beyond.
We are looking for an experienced and creative Senior Dev Engineer to continue growing the platform through product updates and new development requirements as needed.
Technical responsibilities include owning the entire software development lifecycle, including design, building, and maintenance. Additional responsibilities include managing and communicating delivery timelines to the leadership team, participating in and contributing to product design and functionality, standard management of our systems, and oversight of the development team.
Our Senior Dev Engineer should be ready to wear various developer hats for an early stage start-up. We need someone with enthusiasm in developing and maintaining an innovative platform. We want to work with someone interested in pushing the product forward with new features and capabilities, is a problem-solver, and a teammate.
- Ensure quality design and implementation of development deliverables for the platform and all future features and capabilities
- Manage code reviews and software releases
- Write functional requirement documents and guides along with reusable code and libraries
- Support the engineering team during planning, design, development, installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting processes
- Analyze existing systems and operations, and develop preventative maintenance strategies
- Maintain brand consistency and design standards
- Identifying potential problems and provide recommendations for solutions
- Provide development and troubleshooting support during client events
- Performing quality control on all projects, writing reports, and making recommendations for improvement
- Provide oversight to other Engineers and crew members to ensure quality products are completed on schedule.
Technical Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in the relevant engineering discipline or similar
- Experience working as part of a small start-up team preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow instructions and collaborate with others
- Understanding of key design principles
- Proficient in code visioning tools, such a Figma
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design
- Excellent verbal communication, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Background in gaming design (or similar creative experience) a bonus