Mechanical Technician Lead - Service Engineering
About the Company
At Xook, we design and develop robotic kiosks that prepare and serve fresh food. We believe in a future where every
person can have freshly made food tailored to their personalized taste whenever they want. We are committed to
making it a reality using digital recipes, IoT, and robotics.
As an organization, we strive to build a culture that encourages people to take ownership of areas, constantly innovate, raise concerns openly, be open to feedback, and learn from mistakes. As a service engineer joining the startup during its early stages, you would have the opportunity to have a significant impact on shaping the processes and scale up with the company to realize your fullest potential.
Roles and Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of the person taking up this role would be to ensure high uptime of kiosks deployed across the region. This would involve remote debugging and fixes using the tools provided, and site visits to fix component failures that cannot be fixed remotely.
- Take up on-call rotations to monitor systems, perform site visits, and on-site recoveries of failed systems as and when required.
- Assembly of sub-systems and entire machine under the guidance of R&D Engineers, when new units get imported.
- Perform preventive maintenance checks to pre-empt failures, assess wear and tear, and suggest design/manufacturing/material/assembly improvements as appropriate.
- Assist in the fault diagnosis, repair, and rework of components and assembly
- Maintain a safe working environment ensuring all company and regulatory standards are achieved at all times
- Minimum experience of 5+ years of experience in prototype manufacturing, preferably robotic or automation domains.
- Diploma or Technician training in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing, or related engineering fields.
- Experience in using manual and power tools like screwdrivers, Allen set, power tools, spanners, drilling machines, angle grinders/cutters, etc.
- Experience in using measuring instruments like vernier caliper, micrometer, measuring tape, dial gauge, spirit level, pressure gauge, etc
- Experience in refrigeration system installation and maintenance skills like copper brazing, tube cutting and bending, flaring, vacuum creation, refrigerant filling, oil filling, etc.
- Drawing reading skills to understand the assembly and measurements
- Understanding of GD&T and Welding symbols.
- Should have a problem-diagnosing and problem-solving mindset.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Multilingualism is an added advantage.
Good to have skills
- Operating 3D printer
- Hands-on experience in TIG and MIG welding
- Working exposure to Electronics and Electrical domain