Senior React Engineer
Who we are
Zealous is a conversation platform for Web3 communities. We serve as a hub for scheduling, hosting, and archiving all the audio and video conversations that happen in an online community. We automatically transcribe and process conversations from various sources, and we make it easy to share snippets or whole conversations to social media channels, as well as generate a podcast tailored to each member's interests. We're powering some of the most prominent Web3 communities and we're just getting started. Find out more on our website https://zealous.app.
Founded by two ex-YC and Techstars startup founders who have been in the social media space for over 10 years (Greg was the first employee at Klout, an online influencer tool, and we worked together on Chute, a social media monitoring platform).
We're VC-funded and have an international team (currently 7) distributed between the US and Europe timezones. We're fully remote and enjoy a flexible work environment with a focus on delivering results, not clocking time.
What you will be working on
At the core, Zealous is a React Next.js app with a GraphQL backend in Node.js, Postgres and Firebase. We use a number of different technologies around social APIs, Web3, media manipulation, and live streaming.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Work closely with the CTO to architect and implement product features
- Invest in tests, documentation, and repeatable processes
- Shape product strategy and vision together with the founding team
What you should bring
We value intellectual humility, an eagerness to learn, and the ability to move quickly while being pragmatic about your decisions. But above all else, we're looking for unique personalities with varied backgrounds that add something new to our team.
Skills you'll need:
- Experience building web apps with React
- Familiarity with Jest or other testing tools
- Understanding of GraphQL and Apollo/Relay libraries
- Understanding of React component lifecycle and state management
- Open-source contributions are especially appreciated
This role is for you if you:
- Are excited at the prospect of constantly adapting to work on whatever moves the dial for the company
- Are a keen problem solver. You enjoy thinking through complex engineering challenges and care about solving the right problem
- Thrive in a high pace, fast learning environment
- Care about good software architecture, component abstractions and best code practices
- Are fantastic at communicating your thinking and design decisions
- Have a number of years' experience in an individual contributor role on a software engineering team
- Have a good sense of humor!
𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘯’𝘵 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘥𝘦𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘭𝘺. 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰.
What you can expect
We try to encourage an informal, passionate and respectful culture where you are given the trust and autonomy to do what you think is right for the company. We’re also deeply committed to continuous improvement as a team and company, so everyone’s input and contribution to making the team better is hugely valued. But most of all, we are creating an energetic and entrepreneurial working environment - no two days will ever feel the same.
If you're interested, please write a bit about yourself and what specific part of the Zealous's product and technology interested you. Also, if you have any open source code you'd like us to check out, don't be shy to mention it :)
Something looks off?