Head of Marketing, U.S.
Do you want to change the world? Zipline is on a mission to transform the way goods move. Our aim is to solve the world’s most urgent and complex access challenges by building, manufacturing and operating the first instant delivery and logistics system that serves all humans equally, wherever they are. From powering Rwanda’s national blood delivery network and Ghana’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution, to providing on-demand home delivery for Walmart, to enabling healthcare providers to bring care directly to U.S. homes, we are transforming the way things move for businesses, governments and consumers.
The technology is complex but the idea is simple: a teleportation service that delivers what you need, when you need it. Through our technology that includes robotics and autonomy, we are decarbonizing delivery, decreasing road congestion, and reducing fossil fuel consumption and air pollution, while providing equitable access to billions of people and building a more resilient global supply chain.
Join Zipline and help us to make good on our promise to build an equitable and more resilient global supply chain for billions of people.
About You and The Role
As a founding member of the marketing team, you'll help build the foundation for a world-class product marketing function. Partnering closely with the product and sales teams, you will define messaging and positioning, create compelling materials for sales teams and marketing campaigns, and launch new products, features, and solutions across a wide set of audiences and regions.
Our ideal candidate will be a systems thinker who excels at making the complex understandable without losing the magic of the engineering, robotics and avionics needed to build an autonomous delivery network at global scale. We're looking for an excellent communicator and skilled collaborator who thrives in the gray area that comes from building something new in a rapidly growing space.
What You'll Do
- Influence Zipline’s products by championing key market insights and representing the voice of the customer in product development.
- Write and develop marketing assets that convey the value, benefits, features and functionality of Zipline’s global delivery system - website copy, whitepapers, case studies, sales enablement material, product launch documentation, product launch blog posts and demos.
- Help drive messaging throughout the customer journey from campaign to the website to through to in-product messaging.
- Work with our customers to tell their stories across our owned channels and partner with comms to identify earned media opportunities.
- Identify and lead product adoption campaigns for new products & features.
- Be a subject-matter expert on the product strategy, roadmap, and features of the platform.
What You'll Bring
- 15+ years of proven experience in product marketing or early-stage BD roles
- Experience defining and driving product marketing for B2B technology products in complex, fast-moving markets
- Comfort managing ambiguity and experience quickly building processes from the ground up.
- Ability to prioritize and balance conflicting demands while leading multiple simultaneous projects.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; the ability to demonstrate expertise with colleagues at all levels of the company.
What Else You Need to Know
The starting cash range for this role is $180,000 - 210,000. Please note that this is a target, starting cash range for a candidate who meets the minimum qualifications for this role. The final cash pay for this role will depend on a variety of factors, including a specific candidate's experience, qualifications, skills, working location, and projected impact. The total compensation package for this role may also include: equity compensation; discretionary annual or performance bonuses; sales incentives; benefits such as medical, dental and vision insurance; paid time off; and more.
Something looks off?