Platform Security Lead
About You and The Role
At Zipline we build both the vehicle and the software that allows us to serve our mission of creating a global logistics system that serves all people equally. In support of that we are growing our Information Security team! We are looking for a leader with experience in both cloud software and embedded device security. Our ideal candidate would have expertise in topics such as, but not limited to, threat assessment, blue team exercises, real-time operating systems, and penetration testing with a passion for aviation.
What You'll Do
- Provide leadership to our platform security team
- Help hire and grow the platform security team to support Zipline’s global mission
- Partner with stakeholders to create secure and scalable solutions for both hardware and software
- Define standard security practices across Zipline’s products and services
- Design systems to protect both Zipline’s and our customers’ data
What You'll Bring
- Deep understanding of security best practices
- Understanding of SDLC and/or PLM and how security teams interact with engineers
- Experience in embedded device and IOT security
- Experience with HSM(Hardware Security Module) or similar technologies
- Strong desire to get involved and demonstrate true ownership
- Leadership experience in evaluating current gaps for security team coverage.
- Experience working with machine learning, computer vision and evaluation of adversarial attack surfaces
- Experience in the aviation or drone industry and associated regulatory/security frameworks
- Experience with AWS & K8s
- Experience with ad-hoc device to device communications
- Experience working with safety-critical devices and services
- Experience with SOC2, ISO27001 or similar frameworks
- Experience working with export controlled data
- Experience working with embedded Linux and RTOS implementations
What Else You Need to Know
The starting cash range for this role is $150,000 - $170,000. Please note that this is a target, starting cash range for a candidate who meets the minimum qualifications for this role. The final cash pay for this role will depend on a variety of factors, including a specific candidate's experience, qualifications, skills, working location, and projected impact. The total compensation package for this role may also include: equity compensation; discretionary annual or performance bonuses; sales incentives; benefits such as medical, dental and vision insurance; paid time off; and more.Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.
Something looks off?