Visual Observer (Part Time Contract)
About You and The Role
Does being part of a P135 commercial drone delivery crew in the United States sound exciting to you? How about joining a team of dedicated, detail-oriented operators striving to be the best in the business?
The Flight Operations team at Zipline is growing, and we’re looking for individuals with sound judgment, excellent interpersonal skills, and exceptionally high standards. Success requires a process-minded approach on every flight, safety-oriented attitude, flexibility, and enthusiasm for using cutting-edge technology to help others.
Zipline believes access to medical care should not depend on your GPS coordinates. We are at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies on 3 continents around the world (so far), 7 days a week.
What You'll Do
- Participate in all pre-operational briefings and other required crew activities.
- Monitors assigned airspace along a flight route prior to launch, during flight and delivery phases.
- Assists in collision avoidance activities (e.g. identification of non-cooperative traffic and communication with the RPIC), as well as the identification of hazardous weather conditions and other unforeseen hazards (e.g. open air assemblies).
- When not assigned to monitor airspace as a VO, will assist with local site maintenance, and other operational support activities
- Is an advocate for safety!
What You'll Bring
- Must have an FAA P107 Remote Pilot Certificate (RPC)
- A positive attitude, driven to solve problems and support teammates
- Must be able to travel ~10%, as necessary
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- Must be able to pass a background and pre-employment drug and alcohol test. Random drug and alcohol testing is ongoing after initial employment. We screen for the following: Marijuana, Cocaine, Opiates, Amphetamines, and Phencyclidine
What Else You Need to Know
- Part time independent contractor opportunity
- Maximum hours per week to not exceed 30 hours
We have received reports stating that certain individuals are reaching out to people under false pretenses, claiming to be Zipline employees, affiliates, agents, or representatives. They may seek to gain access to your personal information or to acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities or by claiming that they are contacting you on Zipline’s behalf.
Genuine Zipline employees or representatives will never ask you for money or payment in exchange for employment opportunities or other related services. Any such offer of employment or any other service in exchange for fees that claims to be from us is deceitful and part of a fraud.
If you believe you have been targeted by a fraudulent party, we ask that you immediately get in touch with us via email at email@example.com upon receiving a suspicious offer or claim.
Something looks off?