U.S. Community Engagement Lead
About You and The Role
Does creating and maintaining important relationships with multiple layers of stakeholders within local communities come natural to you? Are you a natural communicator who is able to use the power of storytelling to explain new ideas?
As Zipline’s U.S. Community Engagement Lead, you will be an important public face of Zipline’s operations. You will be responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with local government officials, civic organizations, business groups, neighborhoods and schools. Your work will help individuals and organizations understand the impact of Zipline’s service on access to medicine, job creation and the future of uncrewed aviation systems. In this role, you can expect to engage meaningfully with people of all ages and backgrounds as well as your Zipline colleagues on the ground who are bringing Zipline’s life-changing technology to these communities.
This position is based in Northwest Arkansas and will report to the Vice President of Public Policy. Remote work is not an option for this role.
What You'll Do
- Serve as Zipline’s day-to-day representative with local policymakers, businesses, schools, community and neighborhood organizations in the places that Zipline serves including Arkansas, Utah, and more.
- Develop and execute public affairs activities and strategic partnerships that increase awareness and support of Zipline’s service.
- Coordinate on-site tours and demonstrations for relevant community groups and stakeholders.
- Work with local schools, colleges and universities to facilitate conversations and visits between Zipline team members and students about uncrewed aviation technology and potential careers paths.
- Serve as a local spokesperson for Zipline and identify opportunities to speak at local events and brief community leaders on our operations to ensure we are responsive to the needs of the community and its leaders.
- Create content such as newsletters, and social media and blog posts, that keep stakeholders and the public updated on ZIpline’s activities.
- Build cross-functional relationships within Zipline, including but not limited to operational leads, fulfillment and flight operators, and the marketing and communications team
What You'll Bring
- You have 3+ years of relevant experience in community relations, local government, public affairs, neighborhood organizing and/or political campaigns
- You are a strong written and verbal communicator; you enjoy speaking in front of large groups and to media outlets
- You are great at developing stakeholder relationships and building coalitions of like-minded organizations and allies
- You are detail-oriented and have experience organizing successful in-person events for large groups
- You have a passion for new technology and the benefits it can provide to communities and individuals
- You are an extrovert; getting to know new people excites and energizes you
- When faced with a new circumstance or challenge, you rise to the occasion
What Else You Need to Know
Something looks off?