Camera Systems Architect
About You and The Role
We believe access to medical care should not depend on your GPS coordinates. In service of our mission to operate at global scale, we’re growing our perception capabilities to expand quickly and safely into delivering new products to new locations, with the ultimate goal of delivering essential packages right to your doorstep. Our perception team is seeking an experienced camera expert to select, build, and integrate cameras and other optical hardware into our drones. The Camera Systems Architect will be the will be the leading optical authority for the business. Their expertise will be vital as we continue to develop more precise delivery platforms.
What You'll Do
- This technical expert will be responsible for all aspects of camera and optical hardware development and integration, including research, design, test, qualification, and deployment of Zipline’s perception systems
- Establish best practices for lense selection
- Help define the future roadmap for optical hardware for Zipline
- Manage of off-shore manufacturing partners on camera design evaluation, module prototype builds, and qualification
- Drive failure analysis and corrective action implementation at manufacturing sites, including assembly processes, testing, and calibration; parametric-data analysis of end-of-line yield and post-reliability failures
- Evaluate and debug perception hardware at module and product levels
What You'll Bring
- More than 7+ years of experience with manufacturing and shipping perception hardware (eg. computer vision/optical systems) in highly complex embedded hardware systems
- Strong leadership experience recruiting, building, and performance managing a highly diverse team of engineers.
- Comprehensive mastery of core camera design principles, including optics, image sensors, illumination, image signal processing, system integration and reliability, design for manufacturing / assembly, and embedded software
- Experience with characterization, requirement definition, and validation of optical systems
- Experience working with contract engineering and contract manufacturing partners, including overseas
- Ability to manage and drive release of engineering drawings and documentation to support design qualification and production builds
- Have experience with high volume manufacturing processes such as injection molding, stamping, forging, welding, casting, printing, etc.
- Extensive experience with fast-iteration prototyping
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Optomechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
What Else You Need to Know
Something looks off?