People Operations Generalist
About You and The Role
Are you passionate about creating an amazing employee experience and being the go-to person for team members across the organization? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy being involved in a variety of exciting things each day?
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic People Operations Generalist to join our People team. We are building a team of world class talent and are looking for an organizational powerhouse who can collaborate with multiple internal teams and stakeholders. In this role, you will have the exciting opportunity to manage many different areas throughout the employee lifecycle process including benefits administration, immigration & travel support, and workers compensation. This is a hybrid role with a minimum of 3 days per week in-person at our South San Francisco office.
What You'll Do
- Serve as the initial contact for all inquiries regarding employee benefits, as well as company policies, procedures, and programs; management of the People Help Desk.
- Administer and manage US immigration processes with support from outside legal counsel for employment visas, permanent residency applications, business visitor visas and other related travel and immigration needs across the company while ensuring timely and compliant maintenance of visa status and immigration filings for sponsored individuals.
- Manage our international travel insurance and security programs
- Handle all workers compensation claims by reviewing claims, substantiating documentation, and requesting legal counsel review when necessary
What You'll Bring
- Experienced professional with 3+ years of HR Generalist/POPS experience, preferably at a fast-growing global organization
- 2-3 years of experience managing day-to-day benefits administration
- General knowledge of the immigration process for new hires obtaining a US work visa and/or permanent residency (e.g., H-1B, TN, E-3, O-1, J-1, and Green Card).
- General knowledge of employment laws, EEO, COBRA, ERISA, FLSA, ADA, FMLA, and related state and federal regulations
- Experience with HRIS workflows and optimization, ADP Workforce Now preferred (but not required),
- Organized, multi-tasking self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced, constantly growing and evolving startup environment
- Ability to foster effective, trusting cross-functional relationships and partnerships, with both internal stakeholders and external vendors.
- Impeccable discretion when handling confidential or sensitive information
- Ability to work independently and problem-solve with minimal direction.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and highly-organized
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
What Else You Need to Know
This is a hybrid role with a minimum of 3 days per week in-person at our South San Francisco office.
The starting cash range for this role is $80,000 - $120,000. Please note that this is a target, starting cash range for a candidate who meets the minimum qualifications for this role. The final cash pay for this role will depend on a variety of factors, including a specific candidate's experience, qualifications, skills, working location, and projected impact. The total compensation package for this role may also include: equity compensation; overtime pay; discretionary annual or performance bonuses; sales incentives; benefits such as medical, dental and vision insurance; paid time off; and more.
Something looks off?