Global Quality Manager
Do you want to change the world? Zipline is on a mission to transform the way goods move. Our aim is to solve the world’s most urgent and complex access challenges by building, manufacturing and operating the first instant delivery and logistics system that serves all humans equally, wherever they are. From powering Rwanda’s national blood delivery network and Ghana’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution, to providing on-demand home delivery for Walmart, to enabling healthcare providers to bring care directly to U.S. homes, we are transforming the way things move for businesses, governments and consumers. The technology is complex but the idea is simple: a teleportation service that delivers what you need, when you need it. Through our technology that includes robotics and autonomy, we are decarbonizing delivery, decreasing road congestion, and reducing fossil fuel consumption and air pollution, while providing equitable access to billions of people and building a more resilient global supply chain.
Join Zipline and help us to make good on our promise to build an equitable and more resilient global supply chain for billions of people.
About You and The Role
We are a fast growing team, always looking for opportunities to further develop and improve our Quality processes and standards. Specifically, we’re looking to impact our Global Fulfillment Operations currently focused in Africa, North America, and South East Asia. The ideal leader for this endevour is both a Quality fanatic as well as a closet entrepreneur, eager to develop and execute a strategy to ensure Zipline’s Quality reputation is unparalleled.
What You'll Do
- Develop Zipline’s quality vision for 2023 and beyond!
- Develop strategies and policies to improve business and operational performance
- Leverage industry benchmarks, past experiences, customer requirements, country level and global regulatory requirements to develop best in class Quality Management System.
- Lead Zipline in the directions of:
- Improved documentation
- Audit preparedness
- Equipment validation
- Packaging ingenuity
- Storage optimization
- Safety and security assurance
- Quality training
- Quality team growth and excellence. Including top notch and diverse hiring (globally)
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree (masters preferred)
- Quality Auditing Certification(s)
- Regulatory Relationship Management - proven experience Interfacing with regulatory and compliance stakeholders, both internal and external (auditors, regulators, suppliers, customers, etc.)
- Experience in Risk Management, building & managing incident review processes, coming up with corrective and preventive actions, ability to provide guidance for root cause analyses, etc.
- General Experience
- Multi-continent / Multi-regional exposure
- Experiece in both developed and underdeveloped countries. Specific experience in launching new markets.
- Experience in estabslied and upcoming industries.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a complex and fast paced environment
- Must be able to travel internationally up to 30% of the time
- Preferred: Experience in Research Partnerships on Quality Subjects
- Preferred: Strong technical knowledge in relevant areas; pharmaceutical supply chain, equipment management, storage best practices etc.
What Else You Need to Know
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Something looks off?