Regional Finance Controller, East Africa
Do you want to change the world? Zipline is on a mission to transform the way goods move. Our aim is to solve the world’s most urgent and complex access challenges by building, manufacturing and operating the first instant delivery and logistics system that serves all humans equally, wherever they are. From powering Rwanda’s national blood delivery network and Ghana’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution, to providing on-demand home delivery for Walmart, to enabling healthcare providers to bring care directly to U.S. homes, we are transforming the way things move for businesses, governments and consumers. The technology is complex but the idea is simple: a teleportation service that delivers what you need, when you need it. Through our technology that includes robotics and autonomy, we are decarbonizing delivery, decreasing road congestion, and reducing fossil fuel consumption and air pollution, while providing equitable access to billions of people and building a more resilient global supply chain.
Join Zipline and help us to make good on our promise to build an equitable and more resilient global supply chain for billions of people.
About the Role
This role reports to the HQ Financial Controller and has the option to be based in Rwanda or Kenya. Accounting at Zipline is responsible for building a world-class global financial system that enables our mission. We have operations in Rwanda, Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya and Cote D'ivoire today and are growing rapidly across the continent. You will help develop efficient and scalable processes to ensure the business has accurate, timely, and compliant financials. Above all, your work supports the company to achieve unit economics and ensures we have a sustainable and affordable solution for Africa.
What You'll Do
- Own all day-to-day accounting operations including: billing, cash collection, vendor payment, bank and credit card reconciliation, cash reconciliation, mobile money reconciliation, review of employee expense reimbursement and more.
- Coordination and preparation of financial statements, including P&L, Balance Sheet, and Statement of cash flows
- Own month end closing for their respective countries and establish key processes to ensure financials accurately reflect business activity
- Partner regularly with various teams, including General Manager, Country Leadership, and Global Finance Team, to support data driven decision-making
- Support in the design and implementation of controls, processes, and policies
- Support in tax, audit, and other compliance activities
- Assist in other ad-hoc project as needed
What You'll Bring
- Strong internal and external customer service instincts
- Accounting degree and is ACA qualified (ACCA is a plus) with a preference of 8+ years of experience navigating multinational financial systems and processes (bonus if you have past experience with Netsuite)
- In-depth knowledge of IFRS and GAAP
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with multidisciplinary teams
- Excels in working in a rapidly changing environment with stakeholders in various time zones and departments
- Industry experiences in FMCG, Fintech or Agritech company is a big plus
- Must be eligible to work in country of residence
What Else You Need to Know
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Something looks off?