Aviation Regulatory Counsel
Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and lifesaving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.
ABOUT YOU AND THE ROLE
We are looking for an Aviation Regulatory Counsel to support Zipline’s manufacturing, quality, field support, and production certification objectives. In this role, you will create order and support the development and implementation of streamlined and scalable processes, and unify Zipline teams working on or impacted by aviation regulations. Your work will have an impact on Zipline’s operations across the globe, safely bridging the gap between existing aviation regulations applied to UAS and the technological innovation in UAS delivery spearheaded by Zipline.
You will collaborate cross-functionally with Engineering, Manufacturing, Policy, Maintenance, Flight Operations and additional teams, listening and drawing from their expertise, experiences and needs. Success in this role means developing expertise in the cutting-edge field of UAS aviation regulations, setting up compliance frameworks, and playing a central role in enabling millions to receive reliable, on-demand access to essential products.
To thrive, you must have the right balance of 1) enthusiasm for program management execution, 2) regulatory acumen and risk management, and 3) a passion for cutting-edge, creative problem solving.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support Zipline’s Quality System process development including for aviation regulatory compliance and implementation across multiple functions, including Engineering, Manufacturing and Policy.
- Provide daily support of Zipline’s production certification efforts; work cross-functionally to develop the best plan for timely and successful certification.
- Strengthen regulatory approval efforts by coordinating activities of the team, monitoring progress and removing obstacles along the way.
- Drive efficient execution of cross-functional regulatory projects and regulatory support for manufacturing and product teams.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- 5+ years’ experience as a practicing attorney, preferable in the Aviation, Healthcare or Transportation space
- Experience in a highly regulated industry, e.g. Part 21, 43, 91, 121, 135 or 145 operations, quality control, compliance, safety, healthcare, transportation, unmanned aviation programs or a combination thereof.
- Experience in a program management or leadership role with deep ownership of the outcome of projects.
- Experience reviewing processes and process documentation to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Strong, effective written and spoken communication skills; the ability to build strong relationships with internal business teams and external stakeholders.
- Grit, resourcefulness, and resilience; an ability to thrive in novel, uncertain and constantly-changing business and regulatory environments.
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
The starting cash range for this role is $90,000 - $130,000. Please note that this is a target, starting cash range for a candidate who meets the minimum qualifications for this role. The final cash pay for this role will depend on a variety of factors, including a specific candidate's experience, qualifications, skills, working location, and projected impact. The total compensation package for this role may also include: equity compensation; discretionary annual or performance bonuses; sales incentives; benefits such as medical, dental and vision insurance; paid time off; and more.
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Something looks off?