Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and lifesaving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.
ABOUT YOU AND THE ROLE
We seek an Aviation Regulatory Counsel to support Zipline’s manufacturing, quality, and field support objectives. In this role, you will create order and support for the development and implementation of streamlined and scalable processes and unify Zipline teams working on or impacted by aviation regulations. Your work will impact Zipline’s operations across the globe, safely bridging the gap between existing aviation regulations applied to UAS and the technological innovation in UAS delivery spearheaded by Zipline.
You will collaborate cross-functionally with Engineering, Manufacturing, Policy, Maintenance, Flight Operations, and additional teams, listening and drawing from their expertise, experiences, and needs. Success in this role means developing expertise in the cutting-edge field of UAS aviation regulations, setting up compliance frameworks, and playing a central role in enabling millions to receive reliable, on-demand access to essential products.
To thrive, you must have the right balance of 1) enthusiasm for program management execution, 2) regulatory acumen and risk management, and 3) a passion for cutting-edge, creative problem-solving.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support Zipline’s Quality System process development for aviation regulatory compliance and implementation across multiple functions, including Engineering, Manufacturing, and Policy.
- Strengthen regulatory compliance efforts by coordinating team activities, monitoring progress, and removing obstacles along the way.
- Drive efficient execution of cross-functional regulatory projects and regulatory support for manufacturing and product teams.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- 3+ years’ experience as a practicing attorney, Experience in a highly regulated industry, e.g. quality control, compliance, safety, healthcare, transportation, unmanned aviation programs, cybersecurity, or a combination thereof.
- Experience in program management with deep ownership of the outcome of projects.
- Experience reviewing processes and process documentation to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Strong, effective written and spoken communication skills; building strong relationships with internal business teams and external stakeholders.
- Grit, resourcefulness, and resilience; an ability to thrive in novel, uncertain, and constantly changing business and regulatory environments.
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
The starting cash range for this role is $130,000 - $175,000. Please note that this is a target, starting cash range for a candidate who meets the minimum qualifications for this role. The final cash pay for this role will depend on a variety of factors, including a specific candidate's experience, qualifications, skills, working location, and projected impact. The total compensation package for this role may also include: equity compensation; discretionary annual or performance bonuses; sales incentives; benefits such as medical, dental and vision insurance; paid time off; and more.
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!