Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack Apps
About You and The Role
Zipline is expanding our autonomous drone delivery network around the world, helping people get what they need, no matter where they live. Our software team builds applications and services that power our fleet operations, our warehouse operations, tools for integrating with partners, and apps for our customers to place orders on-demand.
We’re looking for expert software engineers that love shipping great product at fast pace to a truly global audience. This ranges from ordering portals for pharmacists, to inventory APIs to integrate with our partners, to Android apps for healthcare workers in the field. The role includes development across the full-stack of our codebase. The role is end-to-end in the product life cycle, from ideation and requirements gathering, through system design, implementation, validation, and rollout.
What You'll Do
You’ll build ownership for understanding and solving a core customer’s problems, for example:
- Improve our Air Traffic Control application that gives our regulators real-time oversight of our fleet
- Design a dependable system for doctors and nurses to order life-saving supplies from Zipline, regardless of their internet connectivity
- Empower our fulfillment teams with amazing software tools to track inventory, process orders, prepare aircraft, and monitor flight status
- Own applications and services end-to-end
- Mentor fellow engineers
- Ship high-impact functionality on a monthly basis
What You'll Bring
- 9+ years experience in software engineering
- 4+ years experience providing technical leadership to cross-team initiatives
- Expertise in modern web languages, technologies, and best practices
- Experience architecting and deploying a system of web services
- Experience designing software for security, scalability, and reliability
- Experience designing third-party APIs, nuanced ontologies, and sophisticated data models
- Strong product instincts and empathy for the customer
What Else You Need to Know
The starting cash range for this role is $170,000 - $210,000. Please note that this is a target, starting cash range for a candidate who meets the minimum qualifications for this role. The final cash pay for this role will depend on a variety of factors, including a specific candidate's experience, qualifications, skills, working location, and projected impact. The total compensation package for this role may also include: equity compensation; discretionary annual or performance bonuses; sales incentives; benefits such as medical, dental and vision insurance; paid time off; and more.