Technical Program Manager, Powertrain & Battery
About You and The Role
The Powertrain team is a multi-disciplinary hardware and software team responsible for designing the electric drivetrain at the heart of our life-saving drone delivery service, operating in some of the harshest environments on earth.
As the Technical Program Manager for the Powertrain team, you will be the focal point for coordinating resources across the engineering teams, strategic vendor relationships, and internal production and quality teams. You will be responsible for the path taken to resolve technical and schedule risks, and work within the team and across engineering to align priorities, coordinate timelines, and problem-solve.
For those that are deeply excited about leading with influence and representing a global mission, this is an incredible opportunity to leverage your skills.
What You'll Do
- Manage hardware and software roadmaps across programs: balance, drive, and align key features while surfacing gaps and mitigating risks to projects
- Problem-solve relationships and internal process blockages to drive outcomes
- Understand the technical risks spanning electrical, mechanical, embedded software, and production, including the benefits and risks of different manufacturing processes
- Measure and improve development velocity: own engineering timelines, unblock teams, cross-check plans, and streamline cross-functional dependencies
- Engage across the development lifecycle: from architecture reviews, through validation, and into volume production
- Engage across electrical, mechanical, validation, and embedded software domains to drive coherent execution across major projects
- Translate and integrate company goals into our sub-teams execution strategy
- Make critical decisions informing team priorities
What You'll Bring
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a technical program manager
- Past success in managing fast-paced technical projects in high-performance hardware fields such as automotive, aerospace, transportation, or medical devices
- Demonstrated skill in problem-solving relationships both internally and with strategic vendor partnerships.
- Demonstrated skill in aligning priorities, coordinating timelines, and leading complex scope, resource, and schedule trades
- Enthusiasm for collaborating in a fast paced and highly cross-functional environment
- Clear communication skills and the ability to explain challenges and solutions to fellow engineers and non-engineers alike
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- Must be able to work in person at Zipline’s South San Francisco office
What Else You Need to Know
The starting cash range for this role is $90,000 - $130,000. Please note that this is a target, starting cash range for a candidate who meets the minimum qualifications for this role. The final cash pay for this role will depend on a variety of factors, including a specific candidate's experience, qualifications, skills, working location, and projected impact. The total compensation package for this role may also include: equity compensation; discretionary annual or performance bonuses; sales incentives; benefits such as medical, dental and vision insurance; paid time off; and more.