Do you want to change the world? Zipline is on a mission to transform the way goods move. Our aim is to solve the world’s most urgent and complex access challenges by building, manufacturing, and operating the first instant delivery and logistics system that serves all humans equally, wherever they are. From powering Rwanda’s national blood delivery network and Ghana’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution to providing on-demand home delivery for Walmart, to enabling healthcare providers to bring care directly to U.S. homes, we are transforming the way things move for businesses, governments, and consumers. The technology is complex but the idea is simple: a teleportation service that delivers what you need, when you need it. Through our technology which includes robotics and autonomy, we are decarbonizing delivery, decreasing road congestion, and reducing fossil fuel consumption and air pollution, while providing equitable access to billions of people and building a more resilient global supply chain.
Join Zipline and help us to make good on our promise to build an equitable and more resilient global supply chain for billions of people.
About You and The Role
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Payroll Accountant to join our fast-paced Accounting and Finance team in Africa. The Payroll Accountant will be responsible for all payroll related accounting tasks that would eventually evolve to include performing day to day payroll operations. The Payroll Accountant will not only have a strong knowledge of accounting but also possess the knowledge of payroll processing and compliance in numerous
What You'll Do
- Perform a high-level review of payroll reports for all of our Africa entities
- Prepare payment files and upload to bank portals
- Manage payroll related tax payments and tax filings
- Resolve any payroll tax related issues with local government agencies
- Prepare and upload payroll related journals to accounting software
- Reconcile all payroll related general ledger accounts in a timely manner
- Assist with financial audit requests related to our Africa entities
- Be the point of contact for all payroll related matters in Africa
- Research, track and correct accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Provide ad-hoc reports for internal partners
- Partner with the internal teams on country wide projects
- Perform other reasonable tasks as assigned
- Assist with new payroll system implementation
- Eventually perform payroll processing tasks for all countries from end to end using new
payroll software and working with payroll service provider
- Ensures compliance with local payroll and wage laws
What You'll Bring
- At least 3 years proven accounting experience, preferably as a payroll accountant; knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles.
- Hands-on experience as a payroll clerk or payroll administration.
- Education degree from an accredited university or college is preferred; comparable relevant professional experience may be an alternative to a degree.
- Computer, Internet and general proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, G-Suite, Slack, Netsuite.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now preferred.
- Experience processing payroll and/or performing accounting activities for Ghana, Rwanda, Nigeria, Kenya, and Cote D’Ivoire preferred.
- Strong attention to detail with an aptitude for numbers and the ability to understand processes and formulas.
- Strong organizational, administrative and process coordination skills, and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Effective written and spoken communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to collaborate and build relationships with staff, clients, remote colleagues and supervisors, and others.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and use appropriate discretion when interacting and sharing information with others.
- Able to think critically, exercise sound judgment, ask questions and be open to the input and decisions of others; both independently and collaboratively lead, solve problems, make decisions and manage change.
What Else You Need to Know
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
We have received reports stating that certain individuals are reaching out to people under false pretenses, claiming to be Zipline employees, affiliates, agents, or representatives. They may seek to gain access to your personal information or to acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities or by claiming that they are contacting you on Zipline’s behalf.
Genuine Zipline employees or representatives will never ask you for money or payment in exchange for employment opportunities or other related services. Any such offer of employment or any other service in exchange for fees that claims to be from us is deceitful and part of a fraud.
If you believe you have been targeted by a fraudulent party, we ask that you immediately get in touch with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org upon receiving a suspicious offer or claim.