Real Estate Project Manager
About You and The Role
As a Project Manager you will be responsible for rolling out our systems in the US and paving the way imagining how the UAV world meets the built environment - not just for Zipline but for our customers and the industry as a whole.
You'll be working with the Engineering and other Operations teams to tackle all the challenges you face head-on to get our customer’s sites operational as quickly as possible. You will have to be technically savvy, be able to develop relationships with customers, jurisdictions, suppliers and contractors.
This position is based out of our office in South San Francisco.
What You'll Do
- Develop and implement pre-construction and construction strategy to launch new sites from which we will make deliveries in the US.
- Understand our customer’s business and work with their real estate team to understand how to best integrate Zipline’s systems with their infrastructure (buildings), both pre existing and those in the design phase.
- Source and develop relationships with outside organizations (local jurisdiction, utilities, contractors, etc).
- Evaluate all options and a lean budget, select best vendors to ensure reliable and quality services and products.
- Understand and mitigate the preconstruction and construction risks associated with each project.
- Interact directly with our partner’s Real Estate team and clearly communicate expectations and timelines.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 4 years of experience.
- Strong candidates should have excellent communications skills to:
- Drive internal alignment of requirements for real estate projects based on business needs.
- Provide leadership team with updates on scope, schedule and budgets.
- Work with Zipline's customer's Real Estate and Construction's team to manage the integration of Zipline's infrastructure with their physical footprint.
- Drive external parties for the implementation of real estate projects.
- The individual should have an Engineering background (Civil, Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, Others) and have worked in the real estate and/or construction industry for 4+ years. The individual should have experience (4yrs+) in working with or for:
- External design teams (Architectural, Structural, Civil, MEPs) on commercial real estate / construction projects.
- General Contractors to price, negotiate and build out commercial projects / spaces.
- Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ's) members of the planning and building departments through the permitting and inspection process for commercial projects.
- The individual will be based at Zipline's headquarter in South San Francisco and will be expected to travel up to 30% of the time to implement Zipline's expansion in multiple metros across the US and internationally
- Must be eligible to work in the US