Lead Full Stack Software Engineer, ERP
Do you want to change the world? Zipline is on a mission to transform the way goods move. Our aim is to solve the world’s most urgent and complex access challenges by building, manufacturing and operating the first instant delivery and logistics system that serves all humans equally, wherever they are. From powering Rwanda’s national blood delivery network and Ghana’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution, to providing on-demand home delivery for Walmart, to enabling healthcare providers to bring care directly to U.S. homes, we are transforming the way things move for businesses, governments and consumers. The technology is complex but the idea is simple: a teleportation service that delivers what you need, when you need it. Through our technology that includes robotics and autonomy, we are decarbonizing delivery, decreasing road congestion, and reducing fossil fuel consumption and air pollution, while providing equitable access to billions of people and building a more resilient global supply chain.
Join Zipline and help us to make good on our promise to build an equitable and more resilient global supply chain for billions of people.
About You and The Role
The Business Information Systems (BIS) team is responsible for the software that drives the ability to track hardware through its full lifecycle. As a Software Engineer on the BIS team, you will take part in the design and development of software for Zipline's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems. In this role, you'll be responsible for developing ERP applications with the goal of streamlining business operations while improving the overall user experience. The role requires you to acquire deep subject matter knowledge about connected ERP and Manufacturing Execution systems. To be a successful candidate for this role you should be a self-starting, driven, resilient individual who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with internal and external software engineers to deliver value to the business stakeholders
- Collaborate with product teams and end users of the tools to ensure what is built streamlines the business and creates a user experience where the digital workflow aligns with the physical process
- Design and develop new modules within an open source ERP application which is used to plan, build, and deploy hardware.
- Extend and enhance existing software applications to streamline workflows
- Develop intuitive scalable solutions using tools like React, MySQL, Python and other frameworks.
- Know your application! Seek to know all business and technical details of the application you are building.
- Continually learn and apply relevant software development practices, patterns, tools, and technologies.
- Increase efficiency, streamline the user experience and eliminate redundancies when possible.
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years work experience in web application development, including implementing Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Knowledge and experience in ERP implementation
- Experience bringing up new ERP systems
- Experience in backend development, using tools such as: Python, Java, etc.
- Experience using relational databases, using tools such as: SQL, NoSQL
- Knowledge of database fundamentals like indexing, schema migrations, normalizing tables, and managing backups
- Comfortable with agile development
- Distributed Source Control, using tools such as Git
- Experience rapidly prototyping new product concepts, and excitement to work in an environment where you'll be learning quickly from your users to define a product
- Understanding of automated testing practices and the ability to apply them to produce quality code that can be iterated on quickly
- Must have BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree/work experience; experience with the Django framework preferred but not required