Customer Success Manager, U.S.
Do you want to change the world? Zipline is on a mission to transform the way goods move. Our aim is to solve the world’s most urgent and complex access challenges by building, manufacturing and operating the first instant delivery and logistics system that serves all humans equally, wherever they are. From powering Rwanda’s national blood delivery network and Ghana’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution, to providing on-demand home delivery for Walmart, to enabling healthcare providers to bring care directly to U.S. homes, we are transforming the way things move for businesses, governments and consumers.
The technology is complex but the idea is simple: a teleportation service that delivers what you need, when you need it. Through our technology that includes robotics and autonomy, we are decarbonizing delivery, decreasing road congestion, and reducing fossil fuel consumption and air pollution, while providing equitable access to billions of people and building a more resilient global supply chain.
Join Zipline and help us to make good on our promise to build an equitable and more resilient global supply chain for billions of people.
About You and The Role
This is a key role within Zipline’s Customer Success team to build long-lasting trust with our US partners. In this role, you will be the face of Zipline to your customers. You will develop a deep understanding of what strategies will make them successful and proactively identify opportunities and risks so we are continuously driving key outcomes. You will work closely with cross-functional teams where you will advocate for your customers’ needs internally to ensure we are always building and implementing a customer-centric solution.
Our ideal candidate for this role is customer obsessed, deeply curious, and willing to work in a changing and ambiguous environment. We’re looking for someone who will help shape and define Zipline’s reputation as we continue to grow and expand across the US and the rest of the world.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with Zipline’s customers to identify their business objectives, understand their goals, and develop strategies that align with their needs and drive successful outcomes.
- Work cross-functionally to launch and expand Zipline service to partners, establish key metrics to track success, identify and address challenges, and drive continuous improvement.
- Work autonomously in an ambiguous environment, seeking to understand growth opportunities, operational requirements, and help mitigate risks to program success
- Establish regular communication with customers, lead quarterly business reviews, and maintain engagement through other touchpoints
- Gather customer insights, analyze data, and report relevant findings to Zipline's Go-To-Market, Operations, Engineering, and Product Management teams to enhance customer experience, drive product improvements, and support business growth.
- Increase service adoption and find additional customer uses for Zipline’s service to expand lifetime value for our customers and Zipline
- Proactively engage with customer stakeholders to identify and address opportunities and risks, provide solutions, and build long-lasting trust
- Advocate for customer needs within the company to help drive product and service improvements based on customer feedback and to ensure our business is growing and developing with our customer needs as a top priority
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of experience in customer success, program management, or operations
- Demonstrated experience leading and driving cross-functional accountability
- Demonstrated experience owning the design, implementation, and optimization of initiatives
- Ability to build trust quickly because you are authentic, direct, and have strong empathy for customers
- Organization and analysis - you use data to make decisions, and know when and how to implement the right level of process
- Confident presenting complex solutions in a way that inspires your audience
- Familiarity with the value drivers for recurring revenue businesses
- A focus on continuous learning - it’s how we made it this far!
Location: This role is an in-person opportunity located out of our South San Francisco, CA HQ. Open to relocation!
What else you need to know
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.
The starting cash range for this role is $110,000 - $140,000. Please note that this is a target, starting cash range for a candidate who meets the minimum qualifications for this role. The final cash pay for this role will depend on a variety of factors, including a specific candidate's experience, qualifications, skills, working location, and projected impact. The total compensation package for this role may also include: equity compensation; overtime pay; discretionary annual or performance bonuses; sales incentives; benefits such as medical, dental and vision insurance; paid time off; and more.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!