About This Critical Support to the Flight Test Team
The flight test team has the critical task of testing the new and existing systems we build and operate in order to ensure that we are developing safe and reliable systems. This may include preflighting and launching aircraft, doing repair and maintenance work on aircraft and ground systems, and performing tests on new hardware and software. The flight test team conducts scaled operations at a primary test facility, but performs targeted testing at several other locations in Northern California.
As a member of this team, you will play a crucial role in managing and coordinating various aspects of facilities operations within the test organization. The primary responsibility is to ensure the smooth and efficient functioning of the workplace by overseeing facility maintenance, operations, security, and services.
About You and The Role
As the Facilities Assistant, you will have the important responsibility of serving as the point of contact for all repairs, maintenance activities, renovations, and vendor oversight at Zipline’s flight test locations. You will be based out of Zipline’s primary test facility, but support several other small scale test locations. You are expected to conduct regular inspections to identify potential maintenance needs and recommend necessary improvements. In addition to completing regular inspections, your role will assist in addressing facilities related requests and ensuring regular communication with the Facilities Operations Team that aligns with internal service level agreements. You will serve as the on-site manager of contractor activities across test sites and provide project supervision for construction and site improvements. Your work will directly affect Zipline’s ability to improve and expand our service to people and communities across the world.
This is an in-person role, based out of our testing facilities in Esparto, California.
What You'll Do
- Coordinate and schedule routine maintenance activities, repairs, and renovations at Zipline testing facilities. Most work on the site is performed outdoors in whatever seasonal weather is occurring at the time. This includes anywhere from a well-developed test site, to a rugged unimproved area requiring off-road vehicles and hiking on steep terrain.
- Collaborate with vendors, contractors, and maintenance staff to address facility-related issues promptly ensuring quality delivered service.
- Brainstorm and execute site expansion projects such as the construction of mock buildings and backyards, test support buildings, observation towers, and expansion of utilities on-site.
- Monitor and execute vehicle maintenance from ATVs to trucks.
- Coordinate and perform various site development projects to support changing operations.
- Coordinate site safety reviews and activities for the Facilities Team.
- Maintain records of maintenance activities, including service contracts, warranties, and inspection reports.
- Conduct regular inspections to identify potential maintenance needs and recommend necessary improvements.
- Communicate with teams to understand their evolving needs and space requirements while proposing strategic solutions.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal health and safety regulations.
- Manage disposal of waste streams from the test locations.
- Ensure adequate security management of facilities.
- Manage company leased homes near the test facilities.
- Coordinate test facility kitchen support and catering across multiple shifts.
- Provide excellent customer service and promptly address all facility-related concerns.
What You'll Bring
- Proven experience in general construction, construction management, facilities management, or a similar role.
- Contractor and vendor oversight experience.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Self-motivation and strong record of working independently.
- Financial acumen and independent financial planning skills.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- A deep excitement to learn, and an aptitude for multi-tasking.
- A desire to work in a hands-on environment and outdoors.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to travel between California testing facilities 25% of the time.
Who is Eligible at Zipline?
- You have been with Zipline for 9+ months in a full-time capacity.
- You are in good performance standing with your current role and team.
- You have project management experience and thrive in problem solving activities.
What Else You Need to Know
The starting cash range for this role is $80,000 - $100,000. Please note that this is a target, starting cash range for a candidate who meets the minimum qualifications for this role. The final cash pay for this role will depend on a variety of factors, including a specific candidate's experience, qualifications, skills, working location, and projected impact. The total compensation package for this role may also include: equity compensation; discretionary annual or performance bonuses; sales incentives; benefits such as medical, dental and vision insurance; paid time off; and more.
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
We have received reports stating that certain individuals are reaching out to people under false pretenses, claiming to be Zipline employees, affiliates, agents, or representatives. They may seek to gain access to your personal information or to acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities or by claiming that they are contacting you on Zipline’s behalf.
Genuine Zipline employees or representatives will never ask you for money or payment in exchange for employment opportunities or other related services. Any such offer of employment or any other service in exchange for fees that claims to be from us is deceitful and part of a fraud.
If you believe you have been targeted by a fraudulent party, we ask that you immediately get in touch with us via email at email@example.com upon receiving a suspicious offer or claim.