Head of Business Operations, United Kingdom
Zipline is on a mission to transform the way goods move. Our aim is to solve the world’s most urgent and complex access challenges by building, manufacturing and operating the first instant delivery and logistics system that serves all humans equally, wherever they are.
From powering Rwanda’s national blood delivery network and Ghana’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution, to providing on-demand home delivery for Walmart, to enabling healthcare providers to bring care directly to U.S. homes, we are transforming the way things move for businesses, governments and consumers.
The technology is complex but the idea is simple: a teleportation service that delivers what you need, when you need it. Through our technology that includes robotics and autonomy, we are decarbonizing delivery, decreasing road congestion, and reducing fossil fuel consumption and air pollution, while providing equitable access to billions of people and building a more resilient global supply chain.
ABOUT YOU AND THE ROLE
Does building something with a high mission impact excite you? Are you a natural problem solver who enjoys every day feeling different? Do you have a drive to contribute to the big picture while rolling up your sleeves and getting things done?
As Zipline’s UK Head of Operations, you will be an important public face of Zipline internationally. You will be responsible for ensuring the country launch is successful, and ensuring it runs smoothly with great operational efficiency.
This position is based in the north of England with 50% domestic travel within the UK expected.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Help integrate a new technology system into the UK healthcare supply chain and coordinate the company’s launch with partner stakeholders
- Coordinate with engineering and business development to ensure the Distribution Center aligns with operational and business goals
- In partnership with the Zipline’s finance team, manage the budget to ensure Zipline UK is running an efficient and financially disciplined operation.
- Liaise closely with Zipline’s regulatory team to coordinate strategy on market entry and growth
- Persuasively explain Zipline’s impact to our customers and other stakeholders in the private and public sector.
- Play an active role in hiring new members of our team across the UK.
- Rapidly learn every detail of Zipline’s technology so that you can map out how to maximize Zipline’s impact in the UK.
- Meet regularly with Zipline’s customer success team, and customers, to ensure contracts are being fulfilled and customer KPIs are being met.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- At least 8 years of professional experience, with experience managing complex operations
- Be a servant leader who is willing to jump on all sorts of projects, regardless of whether you've had experience doing something similar or not.
- An extremely entrepreneurial drive, especially when it comes to creatively solving hard problems in an unstructured environment.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal + writing) and ability to build strong relationships with internal business teams and external stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize efforts among multiple active projects on different teams and work independently
- Experience executing at a high bar on tight timelines and in rapid growth environments
- Eligibility to work in UK
- Ability to travel quite frequently (about 40%) within the UK
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!