About You and The Role
Zipline is expanding our autonomous drone delivery network around the world, helping people get what they need, no matter where they live. We are looking for a Solutions Architect who will develop operating concepts with our commercial partners in the United States. You will work alongside our industry leads to vet commercial opportunities and design drone delivery capabilities for our partners. In this role, you’ll play a key role in the future of healthcare, commerce, and aviation in the United States.
Our ideal candidate for this role is customer-obsessed, deeply curious, and willing to work in a changing and ambiguous environment. We’re looking for someone who will help define and scale Zipline’s playbook as we continue to grow and expand across the US and the rest of the world.
What You'll Do
- Work with our partners- industry-leading health systems, nationwide restaurant chains, direct-to-consumer eCommerce brands, and household retail names- to develop a deep understanding of their goals, customers (or patients), and last-mile delivery strategies.
- Serve as the key link between Zipline’s partners and our operations/engineering teams to drive product capabilities and features that serve the needs of our end-consumers.
- Understand and explain how Zipline works
- Design operating concepts for drone delivery networks that provide maximum value for our partners and their end-customers
- Use your understanding of risk management principles and US aviation regulation to ensure our network designs maintain the highest levels of safety and reliability.
- Partner with our finance team to develop pricing and partnership structures that create long-term sustainable unit economics for all parties
- Work with our legal team to write and negotiate service agreements that formalize our partnerships and protect our partners from various forms of risk
- Partner with various Zipline teams to enable optimal hardware and software integrations
- Anticipate any roadblocks to implementation and proactively engage the right stakeholders to ensure our partners’ plans stay on track.
What You'll Bring
- Reliability and conscientiousness (people can count on you and you do a good job)
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, ideally with prior experience building confidence and credibility in emerging technology
- Highly developed Interpersonal skills: ability to connect with others, build trust, form working relationships outside of traditional reporting frameworks, and understand the concerns and motivations of others
- Inherent self-sufficiency, flexibility and confidence, with the instincts to sense what needs to be done, the skills to figure out how, and desire to see it through to completion
- Exceptional ability to analyze customers’ business situations from multiple viewpoints and data sources to identify gaps/opportunities, and align proposed solutions with the customer’s strategy and goals
- Innate passion for seeking depth and complete understanding
- Prior experience delivering disruptive or complex solutions for customers
- Ability to travel as needed