Flight Operator / Maintenance Technician, United Kingdom
Do you want to change the world? Zipline is on a mission to transform the way goods move. Our aim is to solve the world’s most urgent and complex access challenges by building, manufacturing and operating the first instant delivery and logistics system that serves all humans equally, wherever they are. From powering Rwanda’s national blood delivery network and Ghana’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution, to providing on-demand home delivery for Walmart, to enabling healthcare providers to bring care directly to U.S. homes, we are transforming the way things move for businesses, governments and consumers. The technology is complex but the idea is simple: a teleportation service that delivers what you need, when you need it. Through our technology that includes robotics and autonomy, we are decarbonizing delivery, decreasing road congestion, and reducing fossil fuel consumption and air pollution, while providing equitable access to billions of people and building a more resilient global supply chain. As we expand to serve more regions across the globe, we’re excited to connect with top performers in the UK and delight new customers in 2024!
About You and The Role
The Flight Controller / Technician is a crucial operational role that is responsible for safely monitoring and executing commercial flights, as well maintaining cross-qualifications in order to complete aircraft and system maintenance per formally documented procedures.
Note: Duties and responsibilities are expected to evolve to some degree, as additional staff are hired, operations evolve, and new goals emerge.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Safely execute commercial flights as the responsible person in charge for all uncrewed aircraft aloft
- Complete aircraft and system maintenance in accordance with strict documented procedures
- Conducts package assembly/ preparation, inspection, and loading as required
- Ensures broader operational compliance with documented policies, procedures and regulatory permissions.
- Timely completion of administrative and training tasks, qualifications, and currency activities.
- Ensure appropriate and timely response to downtime, fleet issues, and other abnormalities as observed.
- Upon request, assist with audits and various aspects of operational oversight, including safety and compliance.
- Reports to Hub Operations Lead
Mandatory steps to complete upon Hire:
- Must complete Flight Controller training and qualification
- Must complete Maintenance Technician training and qualification
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
zzzWhat You'll Bring
- Prior experience with UAS or traditional flight and/or maintenance operations
- Good judgment and decision making abilities in a time sensitive environment
- Attention to detail, both in performing hands-on work and administrative or data related tasks
- An interest and aptitude for working with your hands
- A safety-minded attitude
- An ability to work well in a small team environment or independently when required
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and background check
- Must possess a CAA-issued Flyer ID
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be willing to work some nights/weekends.
- Ability to travel to US for training (~1 month)
- Remote pilot certificate or manned certificate
- Experience in the development of manuals, training materials, and operational procedures for UAS operations