Full Stack Developer / Director of R&D
Zoog is an early stage, well funded startup that is creating a new format of storytelling. Through our intuitive tools, anyone can bring a children’s book to life and become part of the story using our built in AR masks, ML, and animation creation technologies. The end result is video book reading experiences that were never seen before. Experiences that kids will love to watch and grandparents, parents, or even educators will love to create for them.
The candidate will work closely with the founders and the technical partner, but is expected to work independently to take our platform to the next level.
The candidate will work closely with the founders as well as with our design and product teams to design and create the 3D models (end to end) preferably through Blender, that will later be used to produce AR masks.
The primary tasks
- Help in defining the technical architecture, system design, and infrastructure
- Outline our short, medium and long-term development road map – and drive it forward
- Be involved in sprint planning, managing hands-on, writing your own code and having your hands deep inside your team’s code base
- Enjoy the challenge of building and growing a platform
- Consider yourself a full-stack developer and have at least 5 years of experience
- Have experience writing FE and BE web applications from scratch.
- Have an eye for the broader strategic aspects and trends
- Are proactive, self-driven, and able to thrive in a fast-moving startup environment
- Take ownership; when a task or an area of responsibility resides with you, we trust it will be driven to completion, on time and to high quality
- Think strategically, but with a bias towards shipping.
- Communicate fluently and effectively in English, internally and with external partners.
- Are committed to the job and the growth opportunity in a startup
- Bonus points:
- Experience with Video
- Experience with mobile
- Experience with AI
More About us
Zoog is a TLV-based startup creating a new format of asynchronous video book reading. Founded by two parents who realized during COVID just how frustrating video communication with kids is. We see books as a way to communicate with young children, create a bond with them and be part of their development. We want to give distanced family members the opportunity to be part of that. We looked at what’s out there and learned that simply showing a digital version of a printed book like most online reading apps does not work well on mobile and simply cannot compete with the types of content kids are exposed to these days. We decided to give our beloved kids classics a face lift and make them personal by making the reader the star of the show.
Founders are veterans in the tech world, Matan (CTO) brings years of experience from working in early stage consumer startups, as a first or second employee focused on development and product management of applications that reached millions of users. Matan is also an alumni of the Zell Entrepreneurship program at the IDC. Yoav (CEO) has spent the last 5 years at SimilarWeb, where his last position in the company was COS, where he worked hand in hand with the CEO and the entire leadership team. Prior to that, he ran SW’s China operations. He has lived and worked in China, US, and Israel and holds an MBA from Shanghai Jiao Tong University, and a BA from Columbia University.