Motion Graphic Designer
Zoog is an early stage, well funded startup that is creating a new format of storytelling. Through our intuitive tools, anyone can bring a children’s book to life and become part of the story using AR masks, filters, sound effects and animations. The end result are beautiful video stories kids love to watch and grandparents, parents, or even educators love to create for them.
We are looking for a creative & talented Motion Graphic Designer to join our awesome team. Working closely with our creative director, designers and product team, you will be be working on interactive book reading experiences from the bottom up.
The primary tasks
- Define and create the visual effects, animation and other cinematic techniques to bring the books to life
- Bring static images to life, through 2D motion graphics
- Simple character animation & typography
- Occasionally you may be asked to create assets for investor decks, marketing materials, social campaigns etc.
- Candidates must submit portfolio / show-reel
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe After Effects and Photoshop
- Must have a positive attitude, be a team player with excellent communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and commitment to the job and growth opportunity in a startup
- Take ownership; when a task or an area of responsibility resides with you, we trust it will be driven to completion, on time and to high quality
- Bonus points:
- Experience with basic character animation using puppet tool in AE
- Experience with children books
- Illustration skills
- Experience with creative for performance marketing
More About us
Zoog is a TLV-based startup creating a new format of asynchronous video book reading. Founded by two parents who realized during COVID just how frustrating video communication with kids is. We see books as a way to communicate with young children, create a bond with them and be part of their development. We want to give distanced family members the opportunity to be part of that. We looked at what’s out there and learned that simply showing a digital version of a printed book like most online reading apps does not work well on mobile and simply cannot compete with the types of content kids are exposed to these days. We decided to give our beloved kids classics a face lift and make them personal by making the reader the star of the show.
Founders are veterans in the tech world, Matan (CTO) brings years of experience from working in early stage consumer startups, as a first or second employee focused on development and product management of applications that reached millions of users. Matan is also an alumni of the Zell Entrepreneurship program at the IDC. Yoav (CEO) has spent the last 5 years at SimilarWeb, where his last position in the company was COS, where he worked hand in hand with the CEO and the entire leadership team. Prior to that, he ran SW’s China operations. He has lived and worked in China, US, and Israel and holds an MBA from Shanghai Jiao Tong University, and a BA from Columbia University.