FIX | Streaming Market Data Engineer - Full Time
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced data engineer ready to transition from a doer to a player-coach role. You'd be joining a successful revenue-generating predictive analytics firm with a ground-breaking product and huge growth potential. You will work with some of the brightest minds in trading technology, data science and software engineering to find innovative solutions for storing, accessing, and synthesizing real-time data.
Even if you don't meet every criteria, we'd still encourage you to apply! We are growing rapidly and have a variety of needs across multiple roles and focus areas.
What You'll Do:
- Design modern streaming data architecture: message ingestion, storage management, normalization, and noise filtering.
- Be our in-house expert on FIX protocols, FIX engines, and external market connectivity
- Work with state-of-the-art cloud-based tools for streaming data engineering and analytics.
- Work with data scientists and machine learning engineers to facilitate the technical design of complex data sourcing, transformation, and aggregation logic across data types.
- Plan and implement occasional database migrations.
- Peer-review technical requirements and code, and provide remediation guidance.
- Serve as the data wrangler and ETL expert for the company.
- Onboard new datasets
- Own relationships with the tech teams of our market data vendors.
- Design and implement market data feed handlers, storing, and warehousing solutions.
- 5+ years of professional experience in an enterprise-level environment.
- MSc in Computer Science or BSc in Computer Science with 3+ years of data engineering experience. GPA 3.7+.
- Excellent knowledge of data warehousing, data modeling, and data transformation.
- Experience with handling large volumes of real-time / streaming data is a must.
- Expert proficiency with messaging and event-handling technologies (RabbitMQ, Kafka, or GooglePubSub).
- Exceptional Python, Java, and SQL development skills. Go or GoLang is a plus.
- Experience developing FIX interfaces, coding to FIX 4.4, knowledge of QuickFIX.
- Expert proficiency with Anaconda, Docker, and git.
- Excellent working knowledge of REDIS, PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- GCP experience/certification is highly desirable (CloudSQL, BigQuery). Understanding of the modern cloud-based data storage and analytics ecosystem (Snowflake, etc.) will be helpful.
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and DevOps culture.
- Knowledge of agile and project support tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
- You must be a phenomenal communicator (written and verbal) with an ability to articulate complex topics in a clear and concise manner.
- You must be able to work both individually and collaboratively to deliver results in a fast-paced environment and be highly skilled in managing project time and scope, prioritising to meet hard deadlines.
Please send your resume, including your linkedin and/or github profiles to: [email protected].