Content Marketing Intern
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
Are you a student who is both interested in a career in marketing and passionate about what's happening with the climate? Do you want to put what you’ve learned in the classroom to work doing something about it?
We’re looking for people who want to learn and are excited about working with a startup in a very fast-growing industry. Aclymate uses a blind-hiring process that removes candidates’ identifying information during initial screening. We are looking for people from all communities, including those historically disenfranchised such as individuals of color, women, and the LGBTQ+ communities.
Aclymate is an early-stage software company with a solution that empowers small and medium-sized businesses to become climate leaders. Our software calculates our customers’ emissions footprint, helps them to understand and reduce it, and provides them with an industry-leading selection of offsets for the emissions they cannot yet eliminate. Aclymate was founded by record-setting climate and carbon market experts. We are a graduate of the Techstars Sustainability Accelerator in partnership with The Nature Conservancy accelerator program and recently raised a funding round to grow our company and take our well-loved and well-built software solution to the next level. We love the fact that we’re working every day to help fight climate change and we’re looking for other people who share our passion.
Aclymate is looking for a Content Marketing Intern for the Spring 2024 semester to work on and learn about our external marketing and branding efforts. This role will be exposed to all aspects of marketing: strategic direction, creative development, and operational execution. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with our Sales and Product teams and report directly to the Director of Marketing. You will leverage your coursework, passion for the environment, excellent communication skills and knack for emerging media technologies, to support the marketing department and learn in a real-world setting.
YOU WILL LEARN TO
- Collaborate with the marketing team to further optimize our high-quality content
- Assist with writing, editing, proofreading and content improvement for the company’s blog, video and email marketing efforts
- Ensure a strong web presence by creating and sharing content through various social media channels
- Participate in brainstorming to discover new ways to reach B2B customers ready to do their part for the climate
- Research, identify and reach out to influencers to promote our software solution
- Help to improve SEO through backlink outreach
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data for marketing campaigns
- Support the Marketing Department in various day-to-day activities
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- Proficiency in G Suite and knowledge of or willingness to learn Marketing Software such as Hootsuite, Canva, Webflow CMS, etc.
- Comfortable working in a remote work environment
- Strong familiarity with social media platforms
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- In-progress bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or another relevant field
- Basic graphic design skills a plus
- Interest in helping the climate is a BIG plus
- Must be located in the US
- This is an educational (unpaid) internship - if you would like to earn course credit, we will work with you and your school to meet all guidelines
- At least 15 hours per week required
- Remote working environment
- Flexible schedule
- Course credit (per your school’s requirements)
- Letter of recommendation upon satisfactory completion
- Valuable experience learning marketing at a tech startup
- Opportunity for a longer-term internship (to be determined at the end of the semester)
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and writing sample (can be from a personal blog, previous internship or class project) to email@example.com.