CancerAid is an Australian digital health company that empowers people and organisations affected by cancer to thrive. We build coaching support programs and technology designed to support those who may be living with cancer or caring for someone with cancer.
We are seeking an innovative and detail-oriented Engineering Lead to join our engineering team. The role is a full-time and remote position (Australia East-Coast).
You will work closely with our clinical and product teams and other software engineers to develop our internal-facing coaching portal, our mobile app backend and our participant referral portals.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to do functional programming in a commercial environment, though we also have codebases in Typescript and Ruby on Rails that you will have the opportunity to work on.
To learn more about our company and our team, visit our About Us Page.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in software engineering
- Elm / Haskell functional programming experience
- Typescript / nodejs experience
- Cloudflare and AWS (S3, Pinpoint, EBS, Athena, Cognito, Amplify)
- Employee share option scheme
- Established remote-first working culture
- Be a part of fast-growing company making a major impact in healthcare, improving the lives of people living with cancer or caring for someone with cancer
- 6 weeks paid parental leave for primary and secondary carers
- 3 additional days of leave (Wellbeing Days)
- Great team and company culture (20 close-knit team members who are all down to earth, hard working and kind!)
- You get to contribute to a start-up with a social purpose
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. CancerAid is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by commonwealth laws.
CancerAid was founded in 2015 by cancer specialists to transform the experience of living with cancer. We build support programs and technology designed to support and empower people impacted by cancer.
We believe strongly in the power that positive healthy behaviours can have on clinical outcomes, which is why we aspire to be the leaders in behaviour change.
The CancerAid Coach Program is trusted by participants, employers and insurers and across Australia.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity for you, please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application!
The CancerAid Team