Senior Cloud Engineer
An inclusive work environment is an empowering one. At Cutover, we lead with empathy and enable others to succeed through curiosity, kindness, and self-expression.
Location: New York or Remote (+/- 1 EASTERN)
Choose your preferred work setup – whether it's fully remote or a hybrid model, with the flexibility to work from home or our NYC office.
The Cutover platform interconnects teams and technologies through Collaborative Automation, enabling customers to successfully manage their IT disaster recovery, cloud migration, and release strategies. In 2021, we proudly announced a $35 million Series B financing round led by Eldridge, in conjunction with existing investors Index Ventures, Sussex Place Ventures, and Contour Ventures. As we embark on the next exciting chapters of growth, we invite you to join us.
What tech stack do we use here at Cutover?
Our Cutover Enterprise platform is currently a Single Tenant platform, composed from a ReactJS frontend communicating with a Ruby on Rails API, hosted entirely on AWS, utilising RDS, Elasticache, Lambdas and many more. Cloud Engineers on our team primarily engage with Kubernetes, AWS, Terraform, Github Actions, DataDog and occasionally employ Ruby/Bash/Python scripting.
As a Senior Cloud Engineer, here's what you'll be up to:
- Contribute to building a green field, highly available, and scalable EKS/K8s environment.
- Lead the technical architecture, design, prototyping, and implementation to support both product needs and overall technology strategy.
- Support and grow less experienced engineers.
- Contribute to Platform Engineering features such as CI/CD, Production Engineering and Monitoring.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to deliver technical roadmaps.
What we’d like you to bring to the table…
- Be prepared to demonstrate your EKS/K8s prowess
- A genuine excitement to work with our tech stack, showcasing deep experience with our Cloud Engineering tools (calling all AWS enthusiasts!).
- A commitment to Platform Engineering practices and a highly collaborative mindset, actively seeking opportunities to enhance our infrastructure.
- A focus on efficient delivery, taking the lead in engineering automated processes to streamline our delivery pipelines.
- Problem-solving prowess, ready to tackle issues in our cloud environment with a cool, calm, and collected mindset.
- A desire to be more "commercial" than the average SaaS company engineer, actively participating in client-facing work and problem-solving to better understand how our product is used.
- The role would suit a Senior Engineer looking for a pathway to Staff.
The good stuff…
- We're excited to offer Share Options as part of our compensation package.
- 20 days of PTO per year + public holidays, and we want you to take all of them!
- 3 volunteer days to use for any charitable/voluntary cause you would like.
- A top-tier private health insurance package.
- A 401k contribution plan.
- Work from home stipends
- A personal learning and development budget through Learnerbly. You’ll be supported in your quest for knowledge, whatever that looks like to you.
- If you’re thinking of starting or growing your family, then you’ll be in great company - more than half of our team are parents and we’ve built a globally consistent parental leave approach that we’re proud of.
- Employee Referral Scheme.
- Safeguarding the mental health of our teams is paramount for us. If you’d like to, then you’ll be able to avail yourself of multiple Cutover mental health initiatives, from fully subsidized therapy sessions to subscriptions to leading wellbeing platforms.
- All the company swag you could ever need.
Interviewing with us
Through our interview process, we aim for you to hear more about the challenges we work on and the problems we look to solve; to give you a great experience while meeting our team; and to ensure you leave with a good understanding of life here at Cutover!
Over three steps via Zoom, you'll be meeting a member of our People team, future teammates, and two of our senior leadership team in engineering.
Target compensation package: $160,000 - $180,000 base, + stock options + benefits.
The final offer may vary from the target compensation package, taking into consideration factors such as your experience level and skill set. If we aren't aligned on salary at this stage, we’d still love to hear from you to better understand if there are more suitable opportunities at Cutover.
Diversity Statement - Empowering Our Teams
We encourage our team to bring their authentic selves to work, which we have found has strengthened workplace relationships and fostered a genuine sense of community - especially during the past two years of the pandemic.
If you are excited by this role, we invite you to apply! Even if your profile doesn’t check all the boxes, please don't simply scroll past! We recognize that talent lies everywhere and that some demographic groups are more likely to apply for a "stretch role" than others. We are always open to different perspectives and professional backgrounds to keep Cutover's culture evolving and to ensure that we never stop learning.
Cutover is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Maintaining an equitable hiring process is imperative to our mission. All applicants are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, protected veteran or parental status.