Lead Reliability Engineer (2nd Shift)
An inclusive work environment is an empowering one. At Cutover, we lead with empathy and enable others to succeed through curiosity, kindness, and self-expression.
Location: Remote, United States
2nd Shift: 2:00pm -11:00pm PST (10:00 PM - 7:00 AM UTC)
Choose your preferred work setup – whether it's fully remote or a hybrid model, with the flexibility to work from home or in our NYC office.
Cutover’s Collaborative Automation SaaS platform enables enterprises to simplify complexity, streamline work, and increase visibility. Cutover’s automated runbooks connect teams, technology, and systems, increasing efficiency and reducing risk in IT disaster and cyber recovery, cloud migration, release management, and technology implementation. Cutover is trusted by world-leading institutions, including the three largest US banks and three of the world’s five largest investment banks.
What tech stack do we use here at Cutover?
As the Lead Reliability Engineer at Cutover, you'll be an integral part of our team, ensuring the robustness and performance of our Cutover Enterprise platform. The platform is crafted, featuring a ReactJS frontend with a Ruby on Rails API, and all hosted on the reliable infrastructure of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Your role will involve close collaboration with our support and engineering teams. Together, we actively engage in maintaining and optimizing the platform's reliability, utilizing cutting-edge tools and occasionally incorporating the flexibility of Ruby scripting.
If you're passionate about ensuring the dependability and efficiency of complex systems and thrive in an environment where technologies like React, Ruby, AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, Git, and Ansible are at the forefront, we invite you to join our team. Together, let's elevate the reliability of our Cutover Enterprise platform to new heights.
As the founding member your first task will be to begin building our reliability team. You will use your experience to turbo charge the reliability of our product supporting our clients 24/7
As a Lead Reliability Engineer, here's what you'll be up to:
- Line management: you will be the people manager and mentor for junior team members
- System Reliability: Lead efforts to enhance the reliability and performance of our application and systems, ensuring optimal uptime and minimal disruptions.
- Monitoring and Alerting: Implement and maintain robust monitoring solutions using Datadog to proactively identify and address potential issues before they impact users.
- Incident Response: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop incident response plans, participate in incident resolution, and conduct post-incident reviews to prevent future occurrences.
- Infrastructure Optimization: Work closely with the development and platform engineering teams to optimize the infrastructure on AWS, ensuring scalability and efficiency.
- Performance Analysis: Conduct in-depth performance analysis and identify areas for improvement in the React and Ruby components of our applications.
- Automation: Develop and implement automation scripts and tools to streamline operational tasks and enhance system reliability.
- Documentation: Create and maintain comprehensive documentation related to system architecture, configurations, and reliability best practices.
What we’d like you to bring to the table…
- You will enjoy leading and coaching less experienced engineers whether within the SRE team or your wider community.
- A genuine excitement to work with our tech stack, showcasing deep experience with our tools.
- A commitment to modern engineering practices and a highly collaborative mindset, actively seeking opportunities to enhance our platform.
- A focus on efficient delivery, taking the lead on the incident processes to streamline our SLOs.
- Problem-solving prowess, ready to tackle issues in our environment with a cool, calm, and collected mindset.
- A desire to be more "commercial" than the average SaaS company engineer, actively participating in client-facing work and problem-solving to better understand how our product is used.
The good stuff…
- We're excited to offer Share Options as part of our compensation package.
- 20 days of PTO per year + public holidays, and we want you to take all of them!
- 3 volunteer days to use for any charitable/voluntary cause you would like.
- A top-tier private health insurance package.
- A 401k contribution plan.
- Work from home stipends
- A personal learning and development budget through Learnerbly. You’ll be supported in your quest for knowledge, whatever that looks like to you.
- If you’re thinking of starting or growing your family, then you’ll be in great company - more than half of our team are parents and we’ve built a globally consistent parental leave approach that we’re proud of.
- Employee Referral Scheme.
- Safeguarding the mental health of our teams is paramount for us. If you’d like to, then you’ll be able to avail yourself of multiple Cutover mental health initiatives, from fully subsidized therapy sessions to subscriptions to leading wellbeing platforms.
- All the company swag you could ever need.
Interviewing with us
Through our interview process, we aim for you to hear more about the challenges we work on and the problems we look to solve; to give you a great experience while meeting our team; and to ensure you leave with a good understanding of life here at Cutover!
Over three steps via Zoom, you'll be meeting a member of our People team, future teammates, and two of our senior leadership team in engineering.
Target compensation package: $200,000 - $220,000 base, + stock options + benefits.
The final offer may vary from the target compensation package, taking into consideration factors such as your experience level and skill set. If we aren't aligned on salary at this stage, we’d still love to hear from you to better understand if there are more suitable opportunities at Cutover.
Diversity Statement - Empowering Our Teams
We encourage our team to bring their authentic selves to work, which we have found has strengthened workplace relationships and fostered a genuine sense of community - especially during the past two years of the pandemic.
If you are excited by this role, we invite you to apply! Even if your profile doesn’t check all the boxes, please don't simply scroll past! We recognize that talent lies everywhere and that some demographic groups are more likely to apply for a "stretch role" than others. We are always open to different perspectives and professional backgrounds to keep Cutover's culture evolving and to ensure that we never stop learning.
Cutover is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Maintaining an equitable hiring process is imperative to our mission. All applicants are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, protected veteran or parental status.