VP of People
DataCamp is on a mission to make the world data fluent by building the future of data education. We help both businesses and individuals to up-skill, re-skill, and transition from learning to doing data science through our training, certification and collaboration tools.
Today we have 400+ interactive courses, 270+ expert instructors, 90+ real-life projects and we consistently upgrade our learning products and services to continuously deliver value to consumer, teams and enterprise customers.
Since our launch in 2013, more than 11 million learners around the world have completed hundreds of millions of DataCamp content items. More than 3,500 businesses and government entities worldwide use DataCamp to make their teams and organisations data fluent.
Funded by Spectrum Equity, Accomplice and Arthur Ventures, our ambition is to grow to $100M ARR in the next few years. Headquartered in NY, we have offices in London and Leuven with about 200 colleagues working together out of our major hubs or remotely.
Salary range: $250,000 - $290,000
DataCamp, a global leader in data science and AI education, is seeking a strategic and operationally-oriented Vice President of People to lead and transform our HR initiatives. With a presence across North America and Europe—including offices in NYC, London, and Leuven—this role presents a unique opportunity to shape and drive the People function to support DataCamp’s continued growth.
Reporting to the CFO and frequently partnering with the CEO, you will be responsible for developing, implementing and executing DataCamp’s global HR strategy. We are seeking an exceptional leader who will offer visionary guidance across various HR domains, such as employee relations, talent management, organizational effectiveness, performance management, total rewards, people analytics and systems. And while you will lead a team of six, you still thrive in a startup environment where you roll-up-your-sleeves and contribute to day-to-day People operations initiatives alongside your team.
- Spearhead the development and execution of an all-encompassing global people strategy that ignites employee engagement, nurtures talent development, and enhances organizational effectiveness.
- Lead the charge in revolutionizing HR processes and practices by leveraging cutting-edge data and insights to streamline operations, optimize efficiency, and create an exceptional employee experience that surpasses expectations.
- Inspire and guide a dynamic global talent acquisition team to attract, select, and onboard top-tier talent, continuously refining recruitment strategies and processes to ensure we bring in the very best.
- Forge and maintain strategic partnerships with external collaborators, industry experts, and influential HR networks to remain at the forefront of emerging trends and industry best practices, constantly innovating our approach.
- Collaborate closely with executive leadership, providing invaluable guidance and expertise on people-related matters, including organizational design, succession planning, and change management initiatives that propel our business forward.
- Establish a data-driven culture by developing and implementing robust metrics and analytics that measure the effectiveness and impact of our HR initiatives, empowering informed decision-making and aligning our efforts with overarching business objectives.
- 15+ years of progressive People/HR experience including 5+ years in department leadership roles.
- Proven experience overseeing global headcount in excess of 200 employees and contractors.
- Strong understanding of global employment laws and regulations, with experience operating in both US and European markets.
- Demonstrated ability to build and develop high-performing teams, fostering a culture of collaboration, accountability, and continuous improvement.
- Exceptional strategic thinking and business acumen, with the ability to align HR initiatives with overall organizational goals and objectives.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to leverage data and metrics to drive insights and influence decision-making.
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We foster an inclusive environment for all employees, enabling us to make better decisions and serve the communities we are a part of.
If you are a seasoned HR leader with a passion for driving organizational success and believe you can contribute to DataCamp's mission, we invite you to apply for this Vice President of People
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, as a permanent employee you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary and stock options
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.