Social Media Intern
Ourside creates moments of connection through our luxury conscious fragrances, that
celebrate you as you are.
Black girl founded and incubated at Harvard Business School, we've earned writeups and mentions in InStyle, Cosmo, Popsugar and more! We’re hellbent on creating THE fragrancecentric self-care brand platform.
Ourside is breaking barriers in fragrance! In addition to our products being cruelty-free and
vegan friendly, we believe that fragrance should be all about you and amplifying you as you are. We are here to celebrate whoever you are in the moment, and we think that single moment of connection can start a movement. We’re on the hunt for a passionate college or graduate student or recent grad to intern with us. We’re looking for someone who’s an expert on Instagram/TikTok/ Pinterest, loves creating content, and has strong photography and video editing skills.
Some tips for your cover letter and application:
• Be real about who you are, your interests, and why you want to intern at Ourside
• Share your personal TikTok, Instagram, photos, etc., or anything else you find relevant to
showing us who you are and what you’ll bring to the table
• Creating and editing content for social media channels including, but not limited to, Instagram,
Tiktok, Pinterest and Facebook
• BIG focus on Tiktok Content Creation and IG reels
• Brainstorming new content ideas to increase engagement across social channels
• Tracking social media metrics and analytics
Skills and Requirements
• Passionate about your work, and take pride in excelling at what you do
• Know how to take a great photo
• Think punctuality and attention to detail are both important
• Self-starter and can work alone (or collaborate when the opportunity arises)
• Comfort working in a fast-paced environment
• Strong understanding of social media (particularly TikTok and IG) trends
• Experience in creating TikToks and IG reels
• Knowledge and interest in video editing
• Ability to work thoroughly under a time crunch - we’ve got to jump on trends FAST!
• Impeccable written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
We'll like you even more if you...
• Can write a great pun/pop culture reference
• Are obsessed with Instagram/TikTok/VSCO/IG
• Have a strong knowledge of video editing
• Dream of going viral - no time for embarrassment
• Take initiative — we know that the best work comes from doing what you love
What we offer:
• Flexible working hours (~20-30 hours/ week)
• Remote position with the option to meet in person in NYC!
• Opportunity for hourly pay or school credit
• Opportunity to develop into a full-time role