Senior Software Developer, Front-end / Full Stack - Remote (US or EU)
Are you an experienced full stack or front-end engineer seeking a new challenge? Do you want to play a pivotal role in crafting tools and products designed to assist project developers in regenerating the earth through sustainable agricultural and nature-based solutions? Are you interested in making a positive impact on the world while enjoying the freedom to work remotely?
Regen Network realigns the agricultural economy with ecological health by creating a global platform for planetary stewardship. Leveraging cutting edge technologies from distributed ledgers to remote sensing, our team is creating new tools for how humanity relates to its environment.
In this role, you will be joining a small and agile team building our web based application (app.regen.network), to create user experiences for farmers, land stewards, and the buyers funding next generation climate solutions.
You will build and maintain web applications using state of the art technologies (React + Typescript + GraphQL with a Node and PostgreSQL backend is our current stack), write reusable components, ensure solid test coverage, and actively participate in code reviews. Additionally, you’ll be building Node services that serve as a gateway to our decentralized ecosystem, and expose REST or GraphQL APIs for our front end applications to access data.
Outside of core application development you will work closely with our product & design team, building out key features in our product roadmap such as:
- A new “data feed” product on project pages allowing project developers to publish relevant data and ecological claims to their profile
- Integrating with Regen Ledger to pull into the Regen Registry various metadata about the ecosystem service credits being issued on Regen Network
- Building integrations & interoperability solutions with other apps in ecological monitoring & data management, especially those built by our partners
- Implementing advanced permission management for organization accounts
- Improved usability of our app’s blockchain functionality for users logged in with email & SSO accounts
You’re an ideal candidate if...
- You’re a self starter and can work well in a decentralized (literally!) team – we’re spread across 9 time zones
- You thrive in a complex environment
- You’re excited about joining a team with a strong culture of self reflection and capacity building — we take a lot of inspiration from Carol Sanford’s Regenerative Business work
- You’re passionate about fighting climate change and other environmental problems — knowledge of permaculture, regenerative agriculture, or ecology is a bonus
We are currently looking for applicants in European or US time zones (where the tech team currently is located) to allow for good communication, and minimal scheduling issues.
About Regen Network
Regen Network is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you're up for the challenge of a lifetime, we're looking for outstanding talent to join our team.