Contracts Manager - Part-Time
The Contracts Manager provides a consistent point of contact for Sirius’ management and customers for updating, amending, and securing legal agreements for Sirius’ digital products.
The Contracts Manager is directly responsible for securing signed Software as a Service (SaaS) Agreements (contracts) in a timely manner with Sirius’ education customers, including K-12 schools and school districts in Texas who are licensing and using Sirius’ digital products, including Sirius Online and Sirius STAAR Assessment Bank (SSAB).
The Contracts Manager works with Sales Management and the Operations Department to send, track, and secure signed SaaS License Agreements for digital products with authorized “Signatories” and “Negotiators” at schools and school districts. Primary responsibilities include working with the Sales team to accurately identify authorized “Signatories” and “Negotiators,” preparing and negotiating any requested amendments to Sirius’ standard Agreement(s) or alternative Agreement(s) presented by customers.
The Contracts Manager is also responsible for communicating customer issues, concerns, and potential improvements to Sirius’ product Agreements and working with our Sales, Executive Management, and Legal teams to ensure that Sirius retains the proper legal protections in all product agreements.
- Coordinate the delivery of Sirius’ SaaS Agreement for digital products with the Operations and Sales teams once an order has been received.
- Provide additional documentation requested by the school or district customer required to complete a fully executed Agreement, including but not limited to Data Security Agreements (DSAs), Data Privacy Agreements, or Technology Surveys.
- Work with the Sales team to correctly identify the authorized “Signatory” and any authorized “Negotiators” at the beginning of the order and “information intake” processes.
- Communicate with customers regarding the status of new Agreements and renewal Agreements, including with school or district customers responsible for selecting or ordering the product and authorized “Signatories” and “Negotiators”.
- Promptly address and negotiate any customer requests for potential amendments, new/additional terms for SaaS Agreements, or when a customer has requested that we sign their Agreement.
- Utilize Zoho Sign to manage the workflow for obtaining signed Agreements with customers, and when needed, utilize the customer’s requested methods for processing Agreements to meet customer requirements and to finalize Agreements promptly.
- Work with Sirius’ Sales and Executive Management teams and outside Legal counsel to assess and mitigate risks related to customer contract requests and common issues.
- Recommend changes to processes, procedures, or standard language in Sirius’ Agreements that improve the company’s overall efficiency in securing signed Agreements and overall legal protections.
- Keep all internal and external stakeholders involved in contract negotiations and contract-related matters accurately appraised of the issues and the status of the contract process.
- Extensive knowledge of Texas's standard procurement processes for K-12 educational materials, including digital products and services.
- Understanding of contract processes and legal issues related to license agreements for digital educational products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with various educational decision-makers and administrators, including Legal representatives of schools and school districts.
- Experienced and effective negotiator.
- Knowledge of common legal issues and terminology.
- Experience negotiating and processing licensing and customer agreements with K-12 educational institutions (schools and school districts).
- Knowledge of the K-12 education market in Texas and standard procurement processes used by schools and school districts to acquire educational materials, including digital products and services.
- Knowledge of the K-12 education and instructional materials market in Texas.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Zoho One, or related software.
- (5) plus years of experience managing contract processes and negotiations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, MBA, or equivalent work experience (general management or administrative experience with a focus on contracts will also be considered).
- A proven track record of managing contract processes and negotiating customer agreements.
- A minimum of (2) to (3) years of experience in managing contract processes and negotiations.
- Prolonged periods of sitting or standing at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 or more pounds.
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401K Match
- Paid Vacation