The Proposal Manager oversees the development of customer proposals, bids, RFP responses, and other documents describing Sirius Education Solutions’ products and services in response to requests from existing and prospective customers. The Proposal Manager works with the leadership team to develop and prioritize bid and submission strategies to help grow revenue by capturing contract and subscription renewals and new business. The Proposal Manager is directly responsible for working with cross-functional teams to gather information needed to prepare effective proposal and RFP responses, including product, instructional, and technical information, cost estimates, and other required documentation. In addition, the Proposal Manager works with Product Management and Sales to monitor state-wide adoptions and district RFPs to identify potential market opportunities and competitive information that can be used to help direct Sirius’ sales efforts and product roadmap.
This is a remote position; however, candidates must reside in Texas, USA, due to the nature of work.
Supervises potential contract employee(s) used to prepare RFP responses to general instructional materials RFPs, including assembling requested materials and documentation.
- Analyze RFP opportunities to establish those relevant to Sirius’ print and digital products and services, including, but not limited to, general instructional materials RFPs.
- Work with cross-functional teams, including Sales, Product Development, Marketing, Product Management, and Operations, to develop a “knowledge base” of responses to general informational requests in a customer proposal and RFP.
- Work collaboratively to develop winning themes, language differentiating Sirius products, and innovative response strategies reflected in finished proposals.
- Work with the leadership team, including Sales, to create a customer proposal template in Zoho (CRM) for use by the sales team in developing and delivering customized customer proposals.
- Accurately interpret customer requirements in RFPs and develop effective written proposals.
- Track and report on RFP and proposal submissions monthly, including wins and losses.
- Conduct periodic (quarterly/semi-annual) reviews of RFP bid and submission strategies for their effectiveness and make appropriate adjustments.
- Review our proposal writing results and competitor’s proposals to improve our overall results.
- Work with Product Development and Product Management to monitor state-wide adoptions and district RFPs to identify potential marketing opportunities and competitive information that can be used to help inform Sirius’ sales efforts and product roadmap.
- Directly communicate with school districts and purchasing cooperatives regarding their requirements and needs.
- Manage the workflow of RFP responses and other customer proposals.
- Ensure all internal and external deadlines are met, and we adhere to internal policies and legal compliance.
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience creating and managing effective written proposals for K-12 educational customers and institutions.
- An understanding of instructional issues, terminology, and procurement processes for K-12 instructional materials, including supplemental, assessment, and eLearning products.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including proposal writing and the ability to credibly communicate with internal and external customers.
- The ability to comprehend, communicate, and coordinate complex business, technical and legal requirements, and information.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple complex projects with overlapping or competing timeframes.
- The ability to analyze data and information to help identify internal strengths and weaknesses, external opportunities and threats, and support effective decision-making.
- Excellent research skills.
- Project management skills and project leadership abilities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Zoho One, or related software.
- (3) plus years of experience creating/managing proposals for the K-12 education market.
- Knowledge of Texas's K-12 education and instructional materials market is preferred.
- Experience developing and managing proposals for K-12 instructional materials, including supplemental, assessment, print, and eLearning products.
- Understanding K-12 education, curriculum, or educational terminology is desired.
- Familiarity with Zoho One CRM and Analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Journalism, Education, or equivalent work experience.
- A proven track record of creating and managing effective customer-facing proposals for the K-12 market and customers, including state agencies, school districts, and K-12 schools.
- A minimum of (3) years of experience creating and managing proposals for K-12 educational customers and institutions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting or standing at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 or more pounds.
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401K Match