Sales Support Coordinator
At Smallhold, we’re building the resilient farming infrastructure of the future. From advanced distribution and farming hubs to modular, high-output technology-enabled Minifarms, we’re bringing the farm to the people, supplying the freshest organic produce to entire cities on a block-by-block basis.
Since 2017, Smallhold has established itself as the leader in US specialty mushroom production with our products found in top retailers like Whole Foods, Sprouts, Erewhon and Ralph’s and some of LA’s most exciting restaurant kitchens, such as Gjelina, Lasita & Botanica.
Our mushrooms, farms, and team (including an amazing cohort of farmers) have been featured in publications like The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Gizmodo, Bon Appetit, Martha Stewart -- to name a few.
What’s next for Smallhold? Our network is growing and with it we’re rapidly expanding our infrastructure, building farms in new markets and bringing specialty mushrooms to more people than ever before. We have big plans for this year and need people like you to help us spread our roots across the country!
Smallhold is looking for a detail oriented, mushroom loving Sales Support Coordinator who is excited about mushrooms and interested in experience growing in a Sales Role. The ideal candidate will provide inside sales and data entry support for our existing regular wholesale customers.
This role will focus on providing an added layer of customer service to our team as well as offer administrative support to our Sales Team. A flexible schedule and a desire to work with Retail Grocers and Foodservice (Restaurants, Caterers, Hospitality groups etc) required. Our Sales Team works when our customers work. This position will be responsible for managing weekday and weekend sale coverage and coordinating those orders with our farms to insure customer satisfaction.
We are looking for folks with excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills and a desire to learn more about CPG, Produce and Foodservice Sales.
- Support our CA, TX and NY Sales Managers with inside sales and customer service for independent accounts.
- Drive revenue directly at our partner grocery chains via direct contacts with store level leadership at to insure orders are placed regularly and shelves are stocked for in-store demos.
- Provide coverage on weekends and when Sales Managers are OOO or traveling/unable to respond immediately to customers.
- Complete Data Entry for Customer, Store and Order Setup.
- Support with logistical coordination for regular orders as needed.
- Function as a Brand Ambassador of Smallhold for one off events, popups, markets etc.
- Assist with sample drops and shipping.
- Manage additional special projects as assigned.
- Excitement about Changing Minds with Mushrooms.
- Prior experience in Customer Service, Retail or Hospitality.
- Experience with Netsuite (proficiency is a plus).
- Flexibility with a working schedule including weekends.
- Self motivation and organizations skills.
- Drivers license.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Opportunities for growth with a rapidly growing, mission driven organization
- Mushrooms always!
- This is a part-time position
Smallhold celebrates difference and diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EEO). We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We are committed to building an inclusive work environment where all employees feel a sense of belonging and respect. If there is anything we can do to ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.