Senior Software Engineer - Ecuador
- API & Fullstack: Design and build backend systems with composability, configurability, and scale in mind.
- Own and deliver projects end-to-end.
- Take point on complex product initiatives and run them to completion with minimal supervision.
- Work closely with business partners and product managers to distill complex business problems into elegant technical solutions.
- Engage in conversations with all teams.
- Tackle difficult and subtle system-level issues, emphasizing simplicity and long-lasting designs. As we extract services out of the monolith, we take pride in untangling legacy code and re-building with composability in mind.
- Design flexible, maintainable code.
- Safeguard code quality amongst the team, reviewing others’ code with an eye to performance and maintainability.
- Be part of a close-knit engineering team.
- Be part of a rotating on-call group to provide support for our platform in production.
You should have
- 7+ years of experience writing software and a strong engineering background.
- Experience as a generalist working on both the frontend and backend to provide the best solutions for our users.
- Experience with scalable distributed systems, both built from scratch as well as on AWS primitives.
- The ability to convey technical ideas in common terms to business partners, product managers, designers, and engineers alike.
- Understanding of performance tradeoffs, load balancing and operational issues.
- Experience migrating large monolithic applications to service-oriented architecture.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing, and operations.
- Ability to debug complex systems and an aptitude for learning quickly.
Nice to haves
- A desire to develop your tooling repertoire. We are tech-agnostic regarding candidate background, but our platform is built with Typescript.
Something looks off?