WePlayed Sports - Director of Engineering
We are looking for a hands-on, agile, energetic technical leader to join our fast-growing team at WePlayed Sports. As the head of engineering, this person will own all technical aspects of our product, process, infrastructure and manage a small team of senior Software and Machine Learning engineers. Our ideal candidate will have a proven record of getting things done in a fast-pace start-up environment. The person will report directly to the executive team and will own major business objectives that are key to the overall success of the company.
The WePlayed Story
Since launching in April 2021 in the college sports market, we have successfully launched our short-form video experience across 50 schools & conferences, 500 teams, 60,000+ athletes and 1 million #moments. We are an energetic group of die-hard sports and technology experts with a strong track record of building platforms and maximizing content. If you love cutting-edge technology and sports, you will fit right in!
Objectives of this Role
● Grow WePlayed's product offerings and ensure their timely delivery to the market.
● Attract, hire, train and retain top technical talent.
● Expand the infrastructure and solidify the technical platform that supports the WePlayed product.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
● Manage a team of 5 engineers in the areas of front-end, back-end, dev-ops, machine
learning and support.
● Serve as the Scrum Master for the team. Collaborate very closely with the Product
Manager / PO to define the product roadmap, accelerate product growth and uncover
new technical opportunities.
● Stay hands-on and contribute to the overall technical output of the team by delivering
new functionality and participating in typical SDLC processes such as code reviews,
● Monitor and strengthen WePlayed's technical platform and AWS infrastructure.
● Participate in strategic executive-team meetings and discussions.
● Partner with the WePlayed Head of Product to deliver industry leading sports video
software and experience.
Skills and Qualifications
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
● Successful track record in Software Engineering hands-on leadership roles over 3+
years, 8+ years of overall industry experience.
● Has worked with an executive team on connecting technical vision with business goals
● Excellent communication and decision-making skills.
● Ability to lead and manage an all-remote engineering team across 2-3 time zones.
● Hands-on technical skill-set in Python / Django, Docker, AWS, service and event
oriented architectures and various SQL and NoSQL DB systems