About You and The Role
Do you enjoy tackling the most cross-disciplinary parts of a complex program? Do you love solving business-critical problems with little direction, a high degree of ownership, and the freedom to make it happen? At Zipline our work is intended for the field. Patients are counting on it today--there is no time for coming up short. If being an engineering leader on the team driving us to achieve our ambitious goals to scale operations and production, improve reliability, level-up our customer experience, plus develop our next generation aircraft system appeals to you, read on.
Zipline was founded by engineers dedicated to making the world a better place. We are scaling around the world and we need someone to join our team who is excited to help level up Systems Engineering at Zipline. Every day, your commitment and technical leadership will help save lives.
What You'll Do
- Serve as a trusted technical expert of high-reliability, safety-critical systems from concept phase to mass production
- Establish requirements tools and processes including training teams on requirements best practices
- Own system and subsystem requirement definition, decomposition, and traceability
- Define interfaces and drive cross disciplinary discussions to align on budgets
- Develop frameworks and facilitate trade studies to optimize for performance, safety, and cost
- Create and maintain systems models, activity, sequence, and boundary diagrams
- Set the bar for hardware and software release standards and test requirements
- Partner with safety engineering and regulatory team to prove flight worthiness to regulators
What You'll Bring
- Safety critical electromechanical system experience, for example in medical, aerospace, or autonomous vehicle fields including systems/vehicle design experience
- 2-5+ years of real-world experience delivering hardware products to customers
- Ability to solve complex multidisciplinary problems on schedule independently
- The ability to dive in when appropriate to solve problems using tools such as your modeling language/tool of choice, systems modeling, and statistical analysis among others
- Knowledge from designing systems that were resilient to harsh climatic environments, mechanical vibration, ESD, and/or high electrical noise
- Experience with not only fail-safe fault tolerant modes but also fail-operative modes that enable the system to continue to operate through faults
- A proven track record implementing requirements on programs including processes, definition, decomposition, and verification
- Previous involvement in achieving regulatory approvals in greenfield application
What Else You Need to Know
The starting cash range for this role is $135,000 - $165,000. Please note that this is a target, starting cash range for a candidate who meets the minimum qualifications for this role. The final cash pay for this role will depend on a variety of factors, including a specific candidate's experience, qualifications, skills, working location, and projected impact. The total compensation package for this role may also include: equity compensation; discretionary annual or performance bonuses; sales incentives; benefits such as medical, dental and vision insurance; paid time off; and more.
Something looks off?